Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

I'm looking for a shop to help with some modifications soon. Any suggestions? Anyone's Off-Road & Custom Trucks is the only place I know of.

I don't have the tools to do a lift or weld on sliders. So where do you all go?

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

I'm looking for a shop to help with some modifications soon. Any suggestions? Anyone's Off-Road & Custom Trucks is the only place I know of.

Anyone's off road is a solid shop. @Tom (Steel Industries) sells gear. Any recommendations? What truck are you running? There's is Metalcloak in Sacramento

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Anyone's off road is a solid shop. @Tom (Steel Industries) sells gear. Any recommendations? What truck are you running? There's is Metalcloak in Sacramento
2006 4Runner V8.
My first order of business is getting recovery gear and suspension. The rest will come in time.

List:
Recovery gear.
Replace the suspension and add 2-3" of lift.
Look for a tire carrier.
Sliders and armor.
Storage system.
On board air and winch.
Roof rack and lighting.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

I think as far as getting a cb online maybe your best bet. I got a swr meter you can borrow.

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

I think I will go online and check it out. My friend who was a HAM operator said he had a bunch of CB's laying around and he'd give me one, but I haven't heard anything about it for a few months.

Tom (Steel Industries)

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Vacaville, CA 95687, USA
Member #

Yes, its steeloffroad.com Since you are in Napa, have you looked at Les Schwab to do a lift? If you want to go outside of Napa, yes you can go to Anyones Offroad, or Clean Concepts in Fairfield or 4wheel parts. Guess it depends the type of lift you want. As far as gear, we can get you pretty much anything.

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Yes, its steeloffroad.com Since you are in Napa, have you looked at Les Schwab to do a lift? If you want to go outside of Napa, yes you can go to Anyones Offroad, or Clean Concepts in Fairfield or 4wheel parts. Guess it depends the type of lift you want. As far as gear, we can get you pretty much anything.
I didn't realize there were that many options around here. Thank you.

I really am leaning towards the ToyTec Ultimate lift that gives you 3" front and 2" rear, diff drop and skid plate spacers and I may add in the UCA's or something similar.

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
In Dixon there is a new off road shop called the chop shop. Owned and operated by military veterans. Cools guys
I live in Dixon and quite familiar with them, Great group of guy's and top notch work. The mechanic has many years experience on Toyota 4x4's. I think they will tackle anything you need.

Cam_Cam_Tech

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
I know this is old, buy we can handle all your maintenance, diagnostics, and aftermarket installs you needs. Also you can just call me for any advise or tips if you are doing stuff at home.

Reactions: Crispy

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
We're building an Overland Resource Directory. Please add these places...

http://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-resource-directory.2861/#post-44262

VDawg1115

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Oakland, CA
Member #

I have used The 4x4 Shop in Livermore. They've been great and pretty affordable. They did a job for me that cost a little over $300, where as another shop quoted me $900.

Reactions: mitchandbuck

dagen

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Oakland, CA
Member #

Up near you there is Mudrak Customs. They have been around for a while and specialize in Toyotas. I haven't gone to him yet, but I have several friends who have and vouch for him. I am going to have him install an air locker for me in the future.
http://www.mudrak.com/
http://www.mudrak.com/

Reactions: Crispy

Cottonwoody

US West Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

I've used Mudrak in Sanoma to install my Icon suspension. Very nice people and a very experienced shop. Also used Flex Point in Redding CA. Very experienced as well.

Sent from my XT1254 using OB Talk mobile app