What part of northern Cali are you from?

• HTML tutorial

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
San Jose - looks like no new Nor Cal's for a while. Hope you all are still active.
Us south bay folk are around. I've noticed that its really hard getting frequent 4x4 meetups in the bay area setup for whatever reason. It seemed like it was easier 5 or 6 years ago to get interested people together to talk out trip ideas, pull some topo maps/laptop with Gaia and pick a place. These days it just isn't as easy to make it happen.

Reactions: Patrick

blackiestone

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Eureka, CA, USA
First Name
Laura
Last Name
Manzanilla
Member #

Us south bay folk are around. I've noticed that its really hard getting frequent 4x4 meetups in the bay area setup for whatever reason. It seemed like it was easier 5 or 6 years ago to get interested people together to talk out trip ideas, pull some topo maps/laptop with Gaia and pick a place. These days it just isn't as easy to make it happen.
Guess it's buzzie times. We are working on getting our rig together and would be into a group trip. We drive a Jeep cherokee trailhawk and are getting a smittybilt trailer, so overnight would be awesome. Let's keep in touch. If you are up for a trip in the fall we just might be up and running by then.

Reactions: Patrick and rho

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Guess it's buzzie times. We are working on getting our rig together and would be into a group trip. We drive a Jeep cherokee trailhawk and are getting a smittybilt trailer, so overnight would be awesome. Let's keep in touch. If you are up for a trip in the fall we just might be up and running by then.
Awesome! I've heard a lot of positive things about the trailhawks, that should be a fun little car! Have you had a lot of experience with it off road or stuff yet?
If you haven't... doing a quick run down to Big Sur for a day trip and exploring some of the dirt roads down there could be a nice mellow introduction to some of that. My partner and I are planning on a 2 truck day trip once we get some more parts in the mail and installed on her truck... I can send ya a msg or something if you're interested.

Good chance of something working out in the fall on my end.

blackiestone

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Eureka, CA, USA
First Name
Laura
Last Name
Manzanilla
Member #

Awesome! I've heard a lot of positive things about the trailhawks, that should be a fun little car! Have you had a lot of experience with it off road or stuff yet?
If you haven't... doing a quick run down to Big Sur for a day trip and exploring some of the dirt roads down there could be a nice mellow introduction to some of that. My partner and I are planning on a 2 truck day trip once we get some more parts in the mail and installed on her truck... I can send ya a msg or something if you're interested.

That sounds great. We haven't taken her off-off road. Some small rocky roads in the Mendocino forest and we took her off main trail on Mt Shasta over the 4th weekend. Would love to try her out in other local places and Big Sur sounds great. What trucks are you two driving? Definitely message me.

Reactions: Patrick and rho

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Yup some good folks out there with some awesome rigs.
Yep! Its also neat seeing how other people solve similar problems .

Danville - Just joined
Welcome! Danville eeh? I have fam up in that area and I spent a lot of time riding bikes around Mt Diablo, great place!

Would love to try her out in other local places and Big Sur sounds great. What trucks are you two driving? Definitely message me.
Totally!! Are you down for big day trips and coffee?
for trucks... I have a wrangler and my partner has a 2wd GMC Sierra that is surprisingly good on crappy dirt roads and mild trails. I have some general details on them in my sig and I've started doing a build thread to kind of outline what we've done with em.

john casson

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Danville CA
Member #

Prewitt ridge is a good easy trail. Might be a long drive for the day. I was there in may. I would recommend heading down hill to the right once you get to the top of the hill. A little less crowded and fewer bugs( I'm in Danville also )

TrailHawkGuy

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Armin
Last Name
Pressler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GTZ
Prewitt ridge is a good easy trail. Might be a long drive for the day. I was there in may. I would recommend heading down hill to the right once you get to the top of the hill. A little less crowded and fewer bugs( I'm in Danville also )
Hi John, nice to see someone else from Town if you are up for coffee would love to checkin am still new to all of this - cheers

john casson

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Danville CA
Member #

Hi John, nice to see someone else from Town if you are up for coffee would love to checkin am still new to all of this - cheers
Sure, lots to explore in California. Most of my trips have been on moderate trails. I joined a little over 2 years ago and have got a lot of good insight on many trips. Just got back from a 2 week trip to Canada, Washington and Oregon. Founds some great spots with the help of other members.

4X3Lander

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

California, United States
First Name
Don
Last Name
4X3Lander
Member #

Happy to be a part if either of you are interested. Currently installing my Shrockworks rear bumper assembly and cleaning up underneath the rig.

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

Honest question. Is there a reason everyone from the valley posts here in the NorCal thread or is it just everyone considers themselves from the north.

• Haha

john casson

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Danville CA
Member #

Honest question. Is there a reason everyone from the valley posts here in the NorCal thread or is it just everyone considers themselves from the north.
You're either norcal or socal. After that's its
Bay area
Valley
Sacramento
Mendocino
Santa Barbara
And so forth , California is huge.