What is your next mechanical upgrade or repair?

• HTML tutorial

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Just curious what people have on their "to-do" list on repairs or mechanical upgrades?

For me, I have a High Pinion Dana 30 axle i am swapping into my XJ this weekend.
Pictures attached..I went through it and freshened it up so it is ready to install.
19146245_10211914893960795_6432684278964260659_n.jpg 19274808_10211914894240802_8024719185456121932_n.jpg

dj_mccomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Louisville, KY
First Name
DJ
Last Name
McComas
Member #

Nice man. I'll be getting an OME 2 inch lift for my JK in August, currently on spacers and not into it lol. Plus get control arm drop brackets, and extended rear sway bar links, and move oem rear links to the front. Steering a little flighty right now for sure.

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Nice man. I'll be getting an OME 2 inch lift for my JK in August, currently on spacers and not into it lol. Plus get control arm drop brackets, and extended rear sway bar links, and move oem rear links to the front. Steering a little flighty right now for sure.
Control arm drop brackets are on my list also...The steep control arm angles I have being at 4in on stock arms makes for a rougher ride than I want.

dj_mccomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Louisville, KY
First Name
DJ
Last Name
McComas
Member #

Control arm drop brackets are on my list also...The steep control arm angles I have being at 4in on stock arms makes for a rougher ride than I want.
I can imagine so man. A little at a time, I think after the lift, a winch would be my next big purchase. Just have to see how my needs develop as I'm just getting into overlanding.

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I can imagine so man. A little at a time, I think after the lift, a winch would be my next big purchase. Just have to see how my needs develop as I'm just getting into overlanding.
Yeah...Definitely get out there and explore and see what you need first. I got winch and bumpers after my lift, and a little prematurely, but I got a hell of a deal on the bumpers and winch so I couldn't pass it up.

Reactions: dj_mccomas

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Also, I see you're in KY... I am in Indiana so not far at all, we have the Overland Bound - Midwest meet in southern Indiana Augs 11,12 and 13. You should come. I'll post a link to the info.

dj_mccomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Louisville, KY
First Name
DJ
Last Name
McComas
Member #

Also, I see you're in KY... I am in Indiana so not far at all, we have the Overland Bound - Midwest meet in southern Indiana Augs 11,12 and 13. You should come. I'll post a link to the info.
I saw that and posted in the thread, I'm a maybe as we get back from vacation the week before. I'll at the very least try to make a day trip up early on that Sunday.

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I saw that and posted in the thread, I'm a maybe as we get back from vacation the week before. I'll at the very least try to make a day trip up early on that Sunday.
Haha.. Yes, you did.... I even spoke to you on that thread duh. Wow, being sleep deprived has it's repercussions...

Reactions: dj_mccomas

Young Satchel

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Upcoming mods and maintenance on The Adventure Wagon[emoji769] include:

- Full suspension refresh: shocks, struts, control Arms, endlinks etc...
- Pads and Rotors: Upgrading to a friends gently used slightly larger set up as he upgraded to an even bigger set soon after getting these [emoji23]
- a forum pal is prototyping some strut top and subframe spacers for me to test for a bit more lift. Excited for this!
- my rear wiper motor died so I have to grab a new one and install that ASAP.
- I'd like to install an auxiliary transmission cooler with my next fluid flush. Auto Tranny takes a good amount of abuse with all the low speed crawling and steep grades on the trail
- I need to replace my aux lights that were smashed in the accident several months back. Thinking 4 basket mounted round lights. Don't like the look of LED bars on these wagons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Overland-Indiana

PS144ONE

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Whittier, California
First Name
Rudy
Last Name
Silva
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6DMP
Recent upgrades:
  1. New water pump, old one was not broken just leaking a bit. I figured since I purchased my jeep (used) I would replace it all together and use the old one as a spare.
  2. Installed a slightly used 10k miles 2015 rubicon springs and shocks (all purchased for $100) onto my 08 sahara. I was told that I would not see any difference but it actually leveled off the front rake by lifting it about an 1" 1/2.
  3. New serpentine belt.
  4. Firestik Antenna 5' for CB
  5. Firestik Antenna 2' for AM/FM radio
  6. Just last night I installed my Smittybilt Jack on the hood.

Up Next (Hopefully this weekend)
  1. Finish and Install my overhead center console version 2.0. Holds (3) radios. 1. CB 2, Dual Band Ham 3. 2m Ham
  2. Oil Change
  3. New Oil pan gasket
  4. New speed sensors