What is your must cook meal or must have food for camping.

• HTML tutorial

RadNueb

Rank 0

Contributor II

Skagit Valley, Washington, USA
First Name
Bradyn
Last Name
Rueb
For me it is defiantly chilli made from scratch. The smell of the spices working is wonderful, I also get people coming over and ask me what I'm cooking because of the aroma floating around.
If you wanna bring your chili to the next level, toss it in a thermos with a good amount of rice and let it sit for an hour or two, the rice soaks up the chili and the flavor and is the perfect camping meal.

RDevita

Rank VI
Launch Member

Protector II

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
DeVita
Member #

In a effort to cut down on mess and to avoid handling raw meats in the outdoors, I like to do most of my cooking at home and just reheat foods at camp. I like to cook beef or bison chili and chicken or beef stews and pack them in vacuum sealed bags. The bags go flat in the freezer a day or more before my trip to save room in the ice chest and act as ice packs. When I am ready to eat, heat up in a pot and enjoy!

Ethan N

Local Expert, East Region USA

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I have a small friend group that camps together at least once a year. Recently a few of them got into hunting together so for the last couple years we had deer, which is one of my favorites. But if I'm alone, my only go-to meal is canned stew. Not sure why, maybe I miss the suck of the Army but I live off of canned soups and MREs.

Reactions: Lone Wolf 1965