What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Relic6.3

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

Just hit up Amazon for a Headrest Med Kit and all the "trama" stuff to go in it; also picked up a deflator kit to facilitate the air down process. Next purchase will probably be a portable compressor for those time I have to air back up.:laughing: Still have a fairly long list of things I want to get; some can wait... some couldn't.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Just hit up Amazon for a Headrest Med Kit and all the "trama" stuff to go in it; also picked up a deflator kit to facilitate the air down process. Next purchase will probably be a portable compressor for those time I have to air back up.:laughing: Still have a fairly long list of things I want to get; some can wait... some couldn't.
There isnt an end to that list until one realizes you can get by without a lot of the tings you thought you need. I was one of them and now I am scrutinizing everything I buy a lot better.

Last edited:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Sure will! Great to have the option to “stealth camp” when necessary.
Out of curiosity I have to ask, why do you feel the need for stealth. I ask because I need to know if their is a danger in some way by not being stealthy. I understand need for privacy, is that what you are calling stealth ?

WanderingWinters

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Yeppoon QLD, Australia
First Name
Ewan
Last Name
Winter
Member #

Out of curiosity I have to ask, why do you feel the need for stealth. I ask because I need to know if their is a danger in some way by not being stealthy. I understand need for privacy, is that what you are calling stealth ?
When I say “stealth camping” I’m referring to situations (though rare) mainly when traveling through urban areas where deploying a rooftop tent for example may not be feasible are safe. Think WallMart parking lot or truck stop parking lots.

Reactions: eagle_A40

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Just ordered a set of BudBuilt Stage 2 Rock Armor Skids for the Tacoma. Next thing I buy will probably be an impulse buy or something essential that will come in use. I have thought about a drone for my videos but unsure if it would be worth it or not.
Speaking of drone, I did order the DJI Mavic Mini to add to my photography arsenal. Will see how it goes.

cisco_nh

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Caiazzi
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1LUC
Got the rocker rails installed today and bought a Rugged Ridge hi-lift hood mount and finally got the jack mounted!
Just purchased the following for my JKU build...

• Rock Krawler 3.5" X Factor lift
  • Yukon 4.88 Ring and Pion gear set
  • OX lockers for front and rear with cable actuators
  • Tom Woods rear drive shaft
If all goes as scheduled, this part of the build will be completed on 3/11!

Reactions: eagle_A40

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
When I say “stealth camping” I’m referring to situations (though rare) mainly when traveling through urban areas where deploying a rooftop tent for example may not be feasible are safe. Think WallMart parking lot or truck stop parking lots.
I have always considered these places pretty safe and welcoming but I'd never park away from the traffic areas. Do you have a shell topper or something like that to conceal your presence inside the rig ? If you have an RTT on top, and you dont deploy it, how do you conceal the fact you are in the bed of the truck. Do you have side and rear curtains you can pull down to conceal yourself and cargo when you sleep on the platform ?

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Do you use them for surveillance of the Terrain or just for photography ?
Right now just thinking for photography. Good idea for surveying terrain. This is just their basic entry level drone, which doesn't go as far as their more expensive models.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Sure can. In the meantime, just be cruising YouTube videos on tips, etc.
Please disregard my previous questions. I have a bad habit of reading the old posts before I get to the new post and should do just the opposite except that I dont like to miss out on the conversation.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Picked up a couple of these Goal Zero lanterns on sale - they collapse flat and best of all are solar powered - no batteries.

Image result for goal zero crush light
So many helpful devises available these days. Hard to decide when you need them and when you dont. Certainly a lot cheaper than buying propane lanterns and very handy around the rig or tent inside and out.

WanderingWinters

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Yeppoon QLD, Australia
First Name
Ewan
Last Name
Winter
Member #

I have always considered these places pretty safe and welcoming but I'd never park away from the traffic areas. Do you have a shell topper or something like that to conceal your presence inside the rig ? If you have an RTT on top, and you dont deploy it, how do you conceal the fact you are in the bed of the truck. Do you have side and rear curtains you can pull down to conceal yourself and cargo when you sleep on the platform ?
I’m just in the beginning stages of this build. The plan is to put a topper on just deciding which one to go with. I’m 6’7” so sleeping in the bed of any of the trucks I’ve had doesn’t happen often but it’s nice to know that I can if needed. As the build progresses we’ll be posting about it all on our social channels and blog. I’m also sure I’ll be reaching out to this forum for advice as we go!

sixlxvi

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Long Island, New York, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
W.
I’m just in the beginning stages of this build. The plan is to put a topper on just deciding which one to go with. I’m 6’7” so sleeping in the bed of any of the trucks I’ve had doesn’t happen often but it’s nice to know that I can if needed. As the build progresses we’ll be posting about it all on our social channels and blog. I’m also sure I’ll be reaching out to this forum for advice as we go!
I’m sorry to go off-topic, but I was so confused when I saw your name and I knew I hadn’t posted in this thread!

Reactions: WanderingWinters