What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
It is a power commander, it is used to lie to the engine computer to give you better mpg, torque, better acceleration, etc. depending on which setting he chooses.
I'm curious to see how that works for you, especially in the ECO mode for mileage improvement.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
It is a power commander, it is used to lie to the engine computer to give you better mpg, torque, better acceleration, etc. depending on which setting he chooses.
Can the engine be damaged by it in any way. Does it work on all engines with computers ?

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I'm curious to see how that works for you, especially in the ECO mode for mileage improvement.
We went out to eat at sonic last night after i hooked it up in city mode +4........wow just wow. It works .

I wont be using eco mode unless im off road it reduces the sensitivity of the pedal so i have to pit the pedal all the way to the floor to move.

Its basically a signal amplifier for the throttle sensor. It makes the truck act like it has a throttle cable not wires

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
No, not all... look up power commander for your LRDD
I will, but I probably cant afford it anyway. Funny how different folks have different strokes. What is a must have is terrifying at times. Makes one wonder if they should even leave home. Not criticizing, just commenting on my personal feelings.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I will, but I probably cant afford it anyway. Funny how different folks have different strokes. What is a must have is terrifying at times. Makes one wonder if they should even leave home. Not criticizing, just commenting on my personal feelings.
Not all of us only do overlanding, camping out of a truck is only a means to stay offroad longer. Some of us have other passions as well like racing our vehicles, rock crawling or just having a better vehicle than others stock stuff. If your ever at a stoplight and had a drunk barreling directly at you would you rather a 4 second delay of the gas pedal or immediate response to be able to avoid the collision? Or off road the rear of your rig starts to slide off the trail to a 100ft or more drop would you rather the delayed pedal or immediate response? All that aside i feel the same when hearing about overland trips to rv parks and those who spend 90% of the time on pavement with a 4x4 of any type.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
We went out to eat at sonic last night after i hooked it up in city mode +4........wow just wow. It works .

I wont be using eco mode unless im off road it reduces the sensitivity of the pedal so i have to pit the pedal all the way to the floor to move.

Its basically a signal amplifier for the throttle sensor. It makes the truck act like it has a throttle cable not wires
A haaaaaaaaa, you have electronically actuated throttle response ! How does that get you more horsepower and a bunch of traffic tickets. How much more horsepower will it give your engine ? I am dumbfounded by all the new automobile electronic technology.

I watch Outlaw street racers on TV and those guys use computers to dial in the horsepower they want for the various street surfaces they race on. They have engines that produce 2000 horsepower all because of computers. Amazing how electronics can take the same engine I use to build and struggled to get 400 horses and give it 2000 horses with just at touch of your finger on a screen.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

A haaaaaaaaa, you have electronically actuated throttle response ! How does that get you more horsepower and a bunch of traffic tickets. How much more horsepower will it give your engine ? I am dumbfounded by all the new automobile electronic technology.

I watch Outlaw street racers on TV and those guys use computers to dial in the horsepower they want for the various street surfaces they race on. They have engines that produce 2000 horsepower all because of computers. Amazing how electronics can take the same engine I use to build and struggled to get 400 horses and give it 2000 horses with just at touch of your finger on a screen.
It just amplifies the throttle signal which in turn tells the computer to modify the shift points, there is no horsepower increase i still have 190hp its just that i can fully use that hp when wanted.
On speeding tickets i havent had one since 1999 or so when i still had a mazda 95 rx7 and was into drag racing.

Btw that show is so fake they claim to have the fastest street car but not a single person rolls up in their car, all on trailers and none have license plates and registration where im from that aint street racing especially when the local cops close down a rd for you because the production company is paying them for it.

Reactions: eagle_A40

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Not all of us only do overlanding, camping out of a truck is only a means to stay offroad longer. Some of us have other passions as well like racing our vehicles, rock crawling or just having a better vehicle than others stock stuff. If your ever at a stoplight and had a drunk barreling directly at you would you rather a 4 second delay of the gas pedal or immediate response to be able to avoid the collision? Or off road the rear of your rig starts to slide off the trail to a 100ft or more drop would you rather the delayed pedal or immediate response? All that aside i feel the same when hearing about overland trips to rv parks and those who spend 90% of the time on pavement with a 4x4 of any type.
I wasn't criticizing at all, I understand your needs for performance if your doing all of what you stated. I'm an old time racer and car builder myself. Technology has passed me by as well as my being able to communicate the point I was trying to make.

TOMB

Local Expert Central Valley CA

Explorer I

Clovis Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6STB
By pre cleaner do you mean the cyclonic head or do you mean the unifilter droopies that go in the snorkel head? I run unifilter droopies on the head and a k&n in the air box my k&n never sees dirt thanks to droopies and if you carry multiple you can just switch em out when they start clogging. This is a droopie if you dont know
By pre cleaner do you mean the cyclonic head or do you mean the unifilter droopies that go in the snorkel head? I run unifilter droopies on the head and a k&n in the air box my k&n never sees dirt thanks to droopies and if you carry multiple you can just switch em out when they start clogging. This is a droopie if you dont know.
View attachment 140633
i have the cyclonic style, but I like the droopie as well.

TOMB

Local Expert Central Valley CA

Explorer I

Clovis Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6STB
I'm not at that point yet but down the road I want one just for the cleaner air. I wont be going fishing in my rig for sure. I don't know if I'm brave enough to be cutting holes in my fenders but the videos make it look easy enough if you hold your tongue right.
Here is a picture of the water crossing on the Mojave Road from 3 years ago. The last 2 years is has been deeper. Well over my tires.33FC7C93-FE1E-42EF-8601-17804717A3C7.jpeg33FC7C93-FE1E-42EF-8601-17804717A3C7.jpeg