What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Lanlubber,
Click in the SEARCH BOX(green arrow) on the upper right corner of this page. When it opens, type 007 in the By: member box, then click Search.
When the search results appear, click on one of his post, or hover the cursor over 007's Avatar.
To contact him, click on Start Conversation (red arrow)

007.png

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Lanlubber,
Click in the SEARCH BOX(green arrow) on the upper right corner of this page. When it opens, type 007 in the By: member box, then click Search.
When the search results appear, click on one of his post, or hover the cursor over 007's Avatar.
To contact him, click on Start Conversation (red arrow)

View attachment 126845
Thank you Sir, I think I was able to send him a message. I use a Kendal devise and it dosent have the word "search" but it has a picture of a magnifying glass that I finally figured out it means search. I should know by now I should use my pc when using this forum. Your help has been very valuable, I appreciate that very much. I see now you were a part of that conversation and I was hoping someone would remember. One day I may learn how to use this site better.
Lanlubber

Reactions: eagle_A40

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

While doing a little Christmas shopping I snuck in ordering a steering stabilizer kit for the Tahoe and a new radiator for the WJ. So I am now set to get something I actually want for Christmas!
One step closer to the WJ cooling mod..... Non-hydro fan power steering pump and high pressure line next on the list.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Ordered up a new wheel and tire setup, goin from 20x12 -44 in 305/55 to 18x9 -12 with 35x12.5

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
While doing a little Christmas shopping I snuck in ordering a steering stabilizer kit for the Tahoe and a new radiator for the WJ. So I am now set to get something I actually want for Christmas!
One step closer to the WJ cooling mod..... Non-hydro fan power steering pump and high pressure line next on the list.
Happy to know you got what you want, very unusual. Hooray, three cheers. I'm all for that.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Bought a pair of Yakima Heavy Duty ratchet straps there on sale for Black Friday. Will use them to tie down storage boxes on top of my roof rack. I could have bought a cheaper pair at Walmart, but wanted to try these out since everything else I have is made by Yakima.

Attachments

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Decided to upgrade some front end components and did the Yeti Steer Smarts tie rod, drag link with attentuator, and their front track bar. Also lifted the Jeep up about another inch front and rear and put on some new shoes with the fifteen52 Turbomac HD Classic's and some 38" Milestar Pat's. These Milestars are so cheap through Walmart and Amazon that they were impossible to pass up! And, I absolutely love the look of the fifteen52 wheels! The Yeti stuff is TOP NOTCH! Very nice quality! Absolutely felt a front end difference after the Yeti stuff went on. I did the wheels and tires afterwards so I could see what sort of difference it made.

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Decided to upgrade some front end components and did the Yeti Steer Smarts tie rod, drag link with attentuator, and their front track bar. Also lifted the Jeep up about another inch front and rear and put on some new shoes with the fifteen52 Turbomac HD Classic's and some 38" Milestar Pat's. These Milestars are so cheap through Walmart and Amazon that they were impossible to pass up! And, I absolutely love the look of the fifteen52 wheels! The Yeti stuff is TOP NOTCH! Very nice quality! Absolutely felt a front end difference after the Yeti stuff went on. I did the wheels and tires afterwards so I could see what sort of difference it made.
Very sharp looking rig. The factory should have put that size tire on them from the beginning. The proportions are great. I agree the wheels are perfect and your tire choice was very good.

Reactions: sabjku

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Very sharp looking rig. The factory should have put that size tire on them from the beginning. The proportions are great. I agree the wheels are perfect and your tire choice was very good.
Thanks @Lanlubber ! Totally appreciate the feedback! I was definitely curious as to how the 38's would end up looking compared to the 35's. It definitely needed the additional 2" spacer in the rear and the extra 1" spacer in the front with the Teraflex Outback springs. It just didn't look right before those were added. Totally happy with it now.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Thanks @Lanlubber ! Totally appreciate the feedback! I was definitely curious as to how the 38's would end up looking compared to the 35's. It definitely needed the additional 2" spacer in the rear and the extra 1" spacer in the front with the Teraflex Outback springs. It just didn't look right before those were added. Totally happy with it now.
Now go put it to the test.

Reactions: sabjku

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Craigslist score, 5 Wrangler steelies for the WJ. The offset is 1/2 inch less, for an inch wider track and a little more breathing room for the rear shocks. Look like dealer take offs, for 10 bucks a rim.

View attachment 130209
Goooooooood buyyyyyyyyy. Some people just have the touch for a good deal !

Reactions: eagle_A40

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign