What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
Lots of current to draw from the battery, make sure you use proper cables and good quality connectors!
Oh yeah been researching a lot of the day dual cables, six feet of 2AWG cables, soldered connectors with fitted covers over the inverter conection points. Then the inverter mounted inside a custom vented (heat dissipation is the goal keep the inverter cool )electrical box with electrical wire grommets. I also plan on having a battery designated specifically for the inverter mostly for my Dewalt compressor ( I have a 3 gal one I don’t use for work anymore)I am tearing down and mounting the tank and compressor in separate spots on the rig

Reactions: MazeVX

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Very nice
There is an OB member in El Paso Tx. that I'm trying to meet up with who has the best solar set up I have ever seen. I'm not smart enough to tie my independent set up in to the LRD2's generating system with out help so I want to copy his set up for my rig whenever we can get together. He has a roof top solar and I want to keep mine portable but that would be the only difference between our set up's.

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
I have two independent 12v batteries for my solar charger and 12v system and I doubt I'll ever use what I've got or run out of power in the boonies !
Very nice
There is an OB member in El Paso Tx. that I'm trying to meet up with who has the best solar set up I have ever seen. I'm not smart enough to tie my independent set up in to the LRD2's generating system with out help so I want to copy his set up for my rig whenever we can get together. He has a roof top solar and I want to keep mine portable but that would be the only difference between our set up's.
In the future we are planning on getting a off road trailer but we plan on using it more as a base camp type of set up I really don’t want a roof top tent mostly because I would be sure to snag it on a low overhanging branch or rock and screw something up

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
Very nice

In the future we are planning on getting a off road trailer but we plan on using it more as a base camp type of set up I really don’t want a roof top tent mostly because I would be sure to snag it on a low overhanging branch or rock and screw something up
Amendment to previous post the reason I brought up trailer vs RTT is with the trailer I will also have a generator so I know unless I run out of fuel I won’t be without power

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

So what is the last thing you bought, and what is next on the list?

Last thing I bought for adventuring was a set of two great, packable tent poles from Snow Peak for bike and canoe camping, as well as general use around camp. I'll let my insta post explain more:

Next on the list is a new pair of touch screen gloves. It's getting cold out and my old pair finally wore a hole through on my index finger. I'm hoping these new ones will be as effective for photography too, as my old ones were.

gloves-touchscreen.jpg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Amendment to previous post the reason I brought up trailer vs RTT is with the trailer I will also have a generator so I know unless I run out of fuel I won’t be without power
I believe in back up's. Having enough space for them is a key factor. A small off road trailer is certainly one way to accomplish that. I have an overkill roof rack that can help with bringing along my 900 w- very small and light generator. Of course I wouldn't use it if I was camping around other folks, but alone and in the boonies it would keep the batteries up with very little running time, assuming the solar panels couldn't do the job for whatever reason.

Retinens803

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
CJC
Last Name
CJC
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4BMJ
Would like to get a HAM radio installed, so I just bought the study guides for Technician, General, and Extra. Yes, I'm a bit of an over achiever :). Next up is my portable toilet setup.View attachment 125604
Then you will have a place to read the guides!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Would like to hear from the OB member in El Paso Tx. Who has the roof rack mounted solar panels and lives out east off Montana st. I would like to come to El Paso and see your rig. Sorry I misplaced your name.
Lanlubber