What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Vector Offroad Aluminum Highland Platform to go with the new Goose Gear full build out going in next weekend. Looking forward to dropping some weight on the build, and relocating the weight I do carry is more centered in the vehicle and down low with the Goose Gear system.

Reactions: roots66

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Yesterday I ordered a Yaesu FT-2900 2m Radio... i know it’s an old outdated radio, but the price was good, and will work great for both a mobile rig and a base station until I get the radio I really want. Now to order the rest of the stuff to make a base station radio shack in my living room.
You mean after you remove your Bronco huh ?

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Not overland related, but the yard was looking like a jungle.
IMAG1111.jpg

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Disconnect only one side. Let the connected link hold it.
Thank you, That seems like a novel and simple idea!. it makes total sense that only one side needs disconnecting to achieve the extra flex, and as a bonus and with only half the work, and one less link to store. Will give it a try.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Yesterday I ordered a Yaesu FT-2900 2m Radio... i know it’s an old outdated radio, but the price was good, and will work great for both a mobile rig and a base station until I get the radio I really want. Now to order the rest of the stuff to make a base station radio shack in my living room.

That's a great radio with good reach. What is the dream radio you are waiting for? I was a Yaesu guy for many years, my old dual band Yaesu in my Ram died an honorable death recently, so i purchased an Icom ID-5100 from HRO while were down in Portland for the Mule open house. (actually got a pair of IC-2730's at the same time for a super deal also, one for each Jeep) Really liking the Icoms so far.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@OTH Overland Dream rig is a Yaesu FTM-400XDR. Most of the local Ham Clubs guys here run it... so having the APRS system will make things easier to do things with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 64Trvlr

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Although t is standard equipment on most overland rigs, my 53 year old Bronco received it's first power brake booster last week. Wow!! I wish I did this years ago!

Next addition will be the replacement of my auxiliary gas tank. Looking forward to spring and summer trips!!View attachment 144594
Was the power boost a universal model or was it a ford unit. Why do you need a new aux tank ? Where is it located presently.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ozark Trail 8 person Yurt. I wouldn't trust it in high winds. It has no accomodation for a wood stove, but a stove jack can be added by someone who is handy. I plan on reapplying DWR and adding additional seam sealer to make it a solid 3 season tent.

Thanks, I had no idea Ozark had so many tents and all very reasonably prices. I watched the video on erecting and tear down of the tent. Looks like one person could do it fairly easy if they had to.

surfnturf

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Kings Mountain, CA, USA
Member #

Was the power boost a universal model or was it a ford unit. Why do you need a new aux tank ? Where is it located presently.
This is the kit I bought to convert the brakes to power. Simple bolt on with no modifications. WH Power Brake Kit

My bronco came from the factory with a auxiliary tank. The original set up was a 12 gallon tank in the back and 8 gallons on the side. There rear tank was swapped out to 23 gallons when the engine was swapped over to a fuel injected mustang 5.0. Since the fuel injection requires an in-tank fuel pump with a return line, i just deleted the old leaky side tank. Now that i'm doing more "overland" type travel going longer distances off-road, I decided that I'd like to re-install the side tank to serve primarily as a jerry can. I can figure some kind of a transfer pump so I can flick a switch and pump the fuel from the auxiliary side tank directly into the main rear tank when needed. With that set up, I won't need to mount and external gas can.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
This is the kit I bought to convert the brakes to power. Simple bolt on with no modifications. WH Power Brake Kit

My bronco came from the factory with a auxiliary tank. The original set up was a 12 gallon tank in the back and 8 gallons on the side. There rear tank was swapped out to 23 gallons when the engine was swapped over to a fuel injected mustang 5.0. Since the fuel injection requires an in-tank fuel pump with a return line, i just deleted the old leaky side tank. Now that i'm doing more "overland" type travel going longer distances off-road, I decided that I'd like to re-install the side tank to serve primarily as a jerry can. I can figure some kind of a transfer pump so I can flick a switch and pump the fuel from the auxiliary side tank directly into the main rear tank when needed. With that set up, I won't need to mount and external gas can.
Ahhh, sounds like good planning and much better than jerry cans. I use to have a built 302 c.i. 67 Bronco and still kicking myself for ever selling it. Hind sight is so good. I didn't remember my Bronco having two tanks but I'm old and dont remember some things. Except for my Bronco having both front and rear finder flares I could easily mistake mine for yours. I really like the Aqua and white combo paint on Bronco's.

surfnturf

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Kings Mountain, CA, USA
Member #

Ahhh, sounds like good planning and much better than jerry cans. I use to have a built 302 c.i. 67 Bronco and still kicking myself for ever selling it. Hind sight is so good. I didn't remember my Bronco having two tanks but I'm old and dont remember some things. Except for my Bronco having both front and rear finder flares I could easily mistake mine for yours. I really like the Aqua and white combo paint on Bronco's.
Yes... I love my bronco. I've owned and built up several bronco's over the past 25 years. This one is my favorite... I've owned it for 8 years and drive it almost everyday.