Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
I found this, Some of the Charles A. Wells guide books for Ca have NV trails. Good luck in your search!!!!

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

I found this, Some of the Charles A. Wells guide books for Ca have NV trails. Good luck in your search!!!!
Thanks ill look into it. Most of the time i drive into nevada and pick a dirt road and see where it takes me. It would be nice to have an actual trail to follow lol.

Dave Decker

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Paradise Hills, NM
Member #

I realize it's been awhile since you posted this question, but there is another Nevada book out by the same authors for the southern region if you're interested: Nevada Trails: Southern Region by Peter Massey, Angela Titus and Jeanne Wilson. These are pretty decent trail guides with full color photos, GPS coordinates, turn by turn directions and route mileage. They're supposed to be coming out with a Great Basin version as well, but I haven't seen it yet.

Last edited:

Bear_Flag

Rank I

Contributor III

I read the Massey Nevada Western Region book, which has excellent histories and pictures. But when at home I started plugging in lat/lon coordinates for the GPS waypoints, I was astonished at how many typos or obvious copy-paste errors I encountered for the back-country trails. There are no downloadable waypoints either, and it is clear the author never checked his work. The book uses Benchmark maps, so if you do rely on Massey's book, I would certainly bring that along with a GPS that shows ungraded/mining/logging roads, in addition to graded county and Forest Service roads.