Contributor I

Inland Empire, CA, USA
First Name
Luigi
Last Name
DP
Member #

@Idelgado

Did those 5 gallon tanks fit under the lid of the plano’s?
It barely fit when I put the Plano cover, which I actually preferred. It helped from keeping the 5 gallon tanks from bouncing up and down when going on rougher roads. I did have to put a little more pressure on one of the latches on the side of the tank, but I wasn't fighting to secure the latch. The trick is to orient the tallest part of the tank (the handles) towards the middle, just like in the picture. That's because the center of the plano case cover is higher in the middle than on the edges. Hope that makes sense.

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
Figured id share how we haul around our camping gear when we are just using the Rig only. We use one of the Roam Adventure co. 95l storage boxes for random parts and recovery gear. We also 2 Milwaukee Packout cases utilizing the new mount system to lock them on the Roof rack. no straps needed.
View attachment 147706View attachment 147705
View attachment 147707
View attachment 147709
View attachment 147711View attachment 147712
View attachment 147713
I think I am going to my local Northern Tool and check these Old Milwaukee's out since they are in-stock and $20 off coupon. Hard to tell on-line how the locking system works but looks promising when I get a roof rack. They fit my height requirements perfectly. I also have a DiamondBack cover and I just use a telescoping boat hook to grab the boxes from the forward storage. Not a quite as convenient as a sliding drawer but lot less monies. Thanks for the heads up on this!

OverLamb24

Rank V

Advocate III

Spencerville, Maryland, United States
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Cordero
Member #

Figured id share how we haul around our camping gear when we are just using the Rig only. We use one of the Roam Adventure co. 95l storage boxes for random parts and recovery gear. We also 2 Milwaukee Packout cases utilizing the new mount system to lock them on the Roof rack. no straps needed.
View attachment 147706View attachment 147705
View attachment 147707
View attachment 147709
View attachment 147711View attachment 147712
View attachment 147713
I think I am going to my local Northern Tool and check these Old Milwaukee's out since they are in-stock and $20 off coupon. Hard to tell on-line how the locking system works but looks promising when I get a roof rack. They fit my height requirements perfectly. I also have a DiamondBack cover and I just use a telescoping boat hook to grab the boxes from the forward storage. Not a quite as convenient as a sliding drawer but lot less monies. Thanks for the heads up on this!
Heads up the Milwaukee pack out system is very nice but not cheap. Once you are in prepare your wallet for collection mode.

Reactions: FishinCrzy

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
@ldelgado thanks for the divider idea, will probably incorporate some of those in my new containers.
I've been saving up all my rigid 1" packing foam to use in the same manner inside my 3 Plano boxes to soften the sound of objects knocking around.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I've been saving up all my rigid 1" packing foam to use in the same manner inside my 3 Plano boxes to soften the sound of objects knocking around.
Another great idea! We get computers shipped from our main office in Orlando and sometimes they have a lot of that packing foam, you just gave me a great Idea on what to use it for rather than throwing it away!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Another great idea! We get computers shipped from our main office in Orlando and sometimes they have a lot of that packing foam, you just gave me a great Idea on what to use it for rather than throwing it away!
It weighs nothing, cost nothing, as well as being a good sound barrier. I use it in my frig (house testing) as well to separate the freezing area from the frig area. As you know I haven't been on the road with any of my newest equipment in the past 28 months. So I can't verify how my kooky ideas will work. I just sit and dream up ways to make things lighter and easy for me to move. Still waiting for workers to do things for me. Now that the gov is passing out free money again I'll never get my work done.

Dont get old guys, the frustration will kill you if your health dosent do it first.

Reactions: Viking1204

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
I am really loving my MTM ammo box I got off Amazon. While the claim is that they're water resistant, I have seen someone run the box through a car wash and it be clean/dry inside. I am enjoying the size and durability of it. It's plastic, but it's sturdy for sure. They come in a few sizes but they mainly get taller, and I believe they're stackable.

TroutRunner

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Durango, Colorado
First Name
David
Last Name
@
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KY0TEQ
Lots of great information here. I just ordered 3 FRO Wolf Packs from ExploreOutdoors Overland Outfitters. They are on backorder but should be available in the next 10-14 days. Just in time I hope for my Rim Rocker Trail trip. :tongueout:
Update: Shipped and should be delivered on May 25th. Whoo hoo, just in time for the trip. 7B2F71FA-2566-46A5-86FD-4FE1B31F2CA9.jpeg

Last edited: