• HTML tutorial

Bodhisattva05X

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Western MA
Member #

Just like the title states, what do you have planned for upcoming trips. I am trying to put together and plan a trip out west to Colorado, Utah, and Arizona.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Heading to Ouray, CO. in the summer. Originally planned on mid-June but seems like the snows are still going to have things shut down. Thinking about late July now.

Moab, UT is also on the list if time permits. May go there in June and save CO for later in the year.

The Guadalupe Mountains are about  2 hours west from here so we will be making several trips there this year.

Just got back from Terlingua, TX and cruising Big Bend back roads. Awesome trip!

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Elk in Colorado and Black Bear in The Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  Should be a great couple months.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

We planned a trip of around 600km next weekend, which is with Easter.
Going on a trip on or as close as we can to the border between the Netherlands and Germany. Up north to the North Sea. And heading back down.
We have a bunch of people joining us this trip.
As extra feature, we will have our own band from Wales over. The Glaaswalkers. And they provide us with music during the evenings as we do BBQing and having just a good time.
At this moment we will have, three Frontera's, one Jeep Grand Cherokee, one Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, one Landrover and our Van with trailer.

After that we are heading for Wales, doing one week of Greenlaning for a company in Germany, who "hired" us to be a guide for two teams to show them around in the northern part of Wales. Doing sightseeing and laning for a week.

During midsun we heading for northern France/Germany called the Elsas/Lotheringen and having a three to four day trip there.

Then our weekend trips will come. Just heading out and having fun.
In July we do (not sure yet, we need foru teams) a little trip in the south of the Netherland for the German Company again. Just four days of cultural sniffing of the Netherlands and doing nice tracks and lanes.

In October we will do the same but then in the wast of the Netherlands and after taht we have our big holiday of three weeks or more going south to Africa/Morocco.

Well, that should cover the year 2015 for us.

Greetings from Robert

Chromedragon

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Stockton, CA
Member #

Hello All,

My GF and I are planning a Nor Cal Coast trip in mid July still working the details out but will be the polar opposite from our trip last year which was up near Mmarkleeville CA. Hoping to hit the lost coast and related areas.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all - looks like some great trips in the works!

In May I will be hitting Nevada, Moab UT, Colorado, New Mexico, Flagstaff AZ, Joshua Tree, Alabama Hills.

It's a loop i'm planning connected with the Overland Expo West!

M

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Our next trip is to Wales. This is a organized trip for a week. This we do for our friend his company. He sells 4x4 travel holidays. So, we take these guests around Wales, well northern Wales, for a week. It will be a mixture of Tracks and Lanes and sightseeing of Wales.
We will stay in a B&B as the weather in Wales can be visious.
Here some pictures of our trip there in 2014.
Photo's
More will be in my topic of Greenlane stories.

Greetings from Robert

Drift

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

I'm going to the Appalachian Toyota Roundup on Labor Day weekend. It's a new event that sounds like its going to be a lot of fun.

E

expeditionnorth

planning on in NY with a friend & his family from thunder bay

each summer I host a VT trail run for gmc4x4.com where all makes of rigs are welcome

& possibly one for my site as well sometime in mid july

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

At this point, our plans are pretty vague, but we will be doing a cross-country road trip with as much off-pavement exploring as we can do.

We live just west of Cleveland, Ohio, and in late September, our daughter will be attending college in Seattle, Washington. Our outbound trip will be with two cars, and pretty much an interstate only 2500 miles.

However, coming back, we have no schedule, no plans, and no intention of hurrying. We may take two weeks or we may take two months. I don't even know what direction we'll head when we leave Seattle!

I want to explore fire/forest roads, beaches and gravel roads, forest service access and ghost towns. Anyplace we can get away from the maddening crowd and experience amazing places.

The best part, is that as the time gets closer, I don't expect to have any more definitive plans! It'll all be done on a day-to-day basis.

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

11094 said:
At this point, our plans are pretty vague, but we will be doing a cross-country road trip with as much off-pavement exploring as we can do. We live just west of Cleveland, Ohio, and in late September, our daughter will be attending college in Seattle, Washington. Our outbound trip will be with two cars, and pretty much an interstate only 2500 miles. However, coming back, we have no schedule, no plans, and no intention of hurrying. We may take two weeks or we may take two months. I don’t even know what direction we’ll head when we leave Seattle! I want to explore fire/forest roads, beaches and gravel roads, forest service access and ghost towns. Anyplace we can get away from the maddening crowd and experience amazing places. The best part, is that as the time gets closer, I don’t expect to have any more definitive plans! It’ll all be done on a day-to-day basis.
Steve;  September is a nice month to travel. weather is perfect. I hope by then you have your sleeping platform ready in your rig. Sounds like a great trip!!

Frisly

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Thanks Frisly,

Before kids were in school, we preferred camping in September, as the campgrounds were empty, the weather more comfortable, and no tourists! :blush: Now our youngest will be heading off to college in September, so we'll be able to travel any time of the year, now.

Here's sorta what I have in mind for the Outback. Probably not as tall, though, as I won't have the rear seat to get above.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/63-gallery/41781-sleeping-platform.html

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

I like it Steve. that is similar to what I have. I made mine out of 3/4" birch ply. Lots of Steinless steel screws and glue. with 2 long storage drawers. Also, I made a cutout behind the passenger seat for my freidge. .... I love it!  I go  fishing/camping   here in NY often. My trips are  3-4 days long and I sleep like a baby :-O

Make a layout on a pc of carbore the size of the space you want and play around with diferent set ups until you find what you like. Don't make it too high, head room is important. I also made some small storage boxes on each side. by the wheel base. I put there, small propane bottles, batteries, tool pouch. recovery gear, etc. this is a very important part of your build. you don't want to do it over and over. take your time and think of the gear you will have, sizes of containers, friedge, kitchen stuff, etc. then go from there. look in my build thread. I have a pic there. I will post more or PM for more info.

let me know if I can help you with anything.

Frisly

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

I planned on doing micro overland trips in the Crowsnest Pass area between Alberta and British Columbia this summer. Lots of trails, creeks, random camp spots (squat campimg) @administrator

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
This year?   Nada.... which, in an odd sort of way, is a good thing, as it will be the first year in the past 15  years or so,  that we have nothing planned, except fixing a couple of oil leaks on the 450, and reconfiguring our trailer stowage system, as I need to fit up a new pair of water tanks that are currently sitting in the barn, and from here on out, find room for our back packs...   As I'm really trying to stay away from a roof rack, a bit of spacial intellect will be needed, (AKA Rocket Science)..  If things go really well,,  we may even get a new paint job for the 450, but that's an outside chance.

Pardon me, I ramble,,, ah ha !! , Back to the topic !!!    I retire in October and we are in the planning stages of a very nice long middle southwest tour.  We are confessed addicts of the red rock regions of the Colorado Plateau and in mid February will be leaving Pennsylvania to attend my nieces wedding just outside of Denver,  then head south, wandering over to Moab. Spend 4 or 5 days in the Needles, back packing, wheeling, camping etc, then, in no big hurry, head south, then west into Grand Staircase, winding up in Zion for even more back packing. After that? Who knows.. No time limit, no job to go back to, no more clock to punch,,, Besides this trip, in its early planning stages, I always let it be known of our intention of a Yukon/Alaska trip within the next couple of years. We enjoy exploring the lower 48 alone in our rig, or on foot, but up north? It sure would be great to find a couple of likeminded folks, to head up north with one fine summer... 

kkauweloa

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA
Member #

@administrator-Another weekend in the Big Sur area of CA. I like to keep the trips to within three hours on weekends so there's plenty of time to explore relax whateva once I'm there. Unfortunately, I'm missing Overland Expo, AZ this year...just too long of a time commitment. After watching Overland Bound's trail ride documentaries, somewhere in the Sierra will be my destination this summer. A trip to OR is also planned to pick up my buddy's "Outside Van" check me out on Instagram 4VRLAND...happy trails!!

Overland Bound emblem #67

BEAR

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Concord, California, United States
First Name
Barron
Last Name
Flanders
Member #

About 2 weeks out from our 3-5 day overland adventure down the Oregon Trail. I'm getting nervous and excited. We're bringing our 2 year old son so just that should be an adventure. We need to start planning meals and how we're going to pack.