Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
What rig do you have..

jim
No pics on the phone. Just a three drawer chest, water tank and ARB fridge on a platform of where the back seat system used to be. Pump lays in the old underseat well. ‘14 RAM 2500 CC

S

SubeeBen

Iodine??? Ever have to use b4? Curious?? Ok one weird thing I carry is a saw blade like the guy in Utah I think who got stuck under a rock had to saw off his arm so thought about it & bought a mini blade looks like a rope just in case. Never know when trekking what the terrain could look like.
Having the saw is one thing could you actually do it in a survival situation ? Just messing around but could you actually do it. I am a serious survivalist/hunter/prepper & I think I would pass out from the blood & pain before I cut through. Just sayin & curious as to your response. Like I said just messing around but curious

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Having the saw is one thing could you actually do it in a survival situation ? Just messing around but could you actually do it. I am a serious survivalist/hunter/prepper & I think I would pass out from the blood & pain before I cut through. Just sayin & curious as to your response. Like I said just messing around but curious
In my present state of mind, sitting on my couch, surfing the net, hanging out on OB, I don't think I could do it lol.

HOWEVER, I think I could stomach seeing the blood and dealing with the pain if life or death was on the line!

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I use a pair of 10L or 20L tanks on the tongue of my trailer (incomplete in these pics) on either side of the power box. I have one cap that can go on to each tank as needed. I adapted a 12V submersible aquarium pump to it. It plugs in to the 12V socket on the front of the box. Basically flip the switch and the water flows at about the same rate as a kitchen faucet.

EXP95.JPG EXP97.JPG

A-Aron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
Trailer carries 40 gal, I have a 5 gal tank with pump and sprayer in the rig and and extra 3 gal as emergency. Plus 5 bottles in my emergency kit and whatever we keep in the cup holders to drink out of.

Reactions: SashaLee

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

What do I do for water? Depends on which rig and where I'm headed. I use the 4 gallon Reliance in the van. While he van has a 12g water tank, I never use it so I don't have to waste time sanitizing it before each trip and the Reliance fits in the sink while underway. I take a Scepter military 5 gallon with a Scepter spout in the LX. I can get deeper with the LX and if something happened, I'd like a bit of extra water.

In the van, I end up purchasing a little extra water as needed because I might be gone for a week and am always passing through towns. I don't drink this water, I take drinking water separately. This water is for showers and clean-up (and teeth brushing). Same with the LX but I take that rig only when headed into back country. I'll usually carry a case of Costco water bottles in either rig for drinking, coffee making and food prep.

Last edited:
Reactions: SashaLee

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

I intend on picking up a few of those roto-pax for the back of the Jeep. I will be storing water in two of those inside the Jeep. As of right now I am carrying up to 4 gallons of water with me in water jugs. You can pick these jugs up for around $1.00 at Dollar Tree and Whole Foods. This water is sourced from some of the cleanest mountain springs in the US. One source lies within the Blue Ridge mountains on the East and One source is in California I believe. Natural PH water jugs and they are easy to store in the rig.

Since I am moving to Colorado, I do not intend on strapping the water tanks to the outside of the rig incase I run into freezing temps. Freezing temps mean freezing water! Just a note for those living in cold climates.

Crystal Geyser:

Reactions: Cpol