what do you carry your tools in? (ideas and pictures)

• HTML tutorial

Tudelum48

Rank I

Traveler I

TOOLS I don't need no stinking tools. LOL
Actually carry multiple bags. I'm a tool whore and carry more than I probably should.
I try to prep my vehicles ahead of time so I don't have to work on them away from my shop. But that doesn't always work
I always buy quality tools for my shop but in my jeep/trucks/motorcycles I carry Harbor Freight. If you loose or someone steals them no tears. I haven't had a catastrophic tool failure yet to make me upgrade.

Reactions: 9Mike2 and old_man

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

I'm in the process of buying old American made Craftsman/Snap-on/Mac stuff because the new Craftsman/Kobalt stuff is JUNK. Those squared off 10/12 point sockets will ruin your fasteners. I'm still debating on a box for assembling this collection, but since a theft I've been stuck with junk for my travel kit and that's about over.

• Sad
Reactions: Scout and 9Mike2

BlueLineOverland

Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

i found a pelican style case from Harbor freight and separated the tools with pencil bags from Walmart in the school supply section. This setup had worked perfect for me!!!!

Reactions: 9Mike2

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
I have a Bacho Tool Set that comes with in own case. This case fits perfectly in the Decked Drawers.

My Irwin Plier tool roll:

And all miscellaneous tools and tool rolls get thrown into a GORUCK Kit Bag:

p
Looks like a great setup. I am a big fan of tool bags.

Reactions: Roam_CO85

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

I just bought a Bucket Boss Super tool roll. It's been great so far. It holds all my regular hand tools. I also carry a separate duffel bag with all my recovery gear, extra fasteners, tape, wire, lubricants and such, lightweight jackstand and that sort of thing. IMG_20190413_072853_412.jpg20190413_094355.jpg

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

I am never organized enough to keep my tools in the box they come in. Bag is the way to go. Might have to pick through sockets to find that unicorn socket but a couple tool bags and your set!

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
I use a Stanley tool bag. It packs down small and prevents things from rattling. Everything in the picture fits in the bag except for the belts, hatchet, hammer, prybar, and black combination wrench.

I like the fact that you carry flare wrenches.

Reactions: 9Mike2

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

I like the fact that you carry flare wrenches.
I have found with Flare Nut Wrenches I have had all brands , Snap-on was the best at breaking louse and not rounding off the nuts by far. This is were I would spent the extra for them, as to replace those things in the boonies is a big pain....

Mr.Cade

Rank 0

Contributor I

US
I run Toolpak backpacks.
I really love them because they have a ton of slots for your tools, and I've found that they are pretty easy to customize, using a stitch ripper.
Also, most of the compartments have a water resistant cover that lays over the tools, so you can lay it out on the roadside and kinda protect your tools a bit while you work. Screenshot_20190501-233729_eBay.jpg

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
The hassle with the early Jeep Cherokee XJ is that it is half metric and half English, so you have to carry both sets.