What did you forget???

• HTML tutorial

Owasco

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

1336 Bellview HTS Locke NY
Member #

Not that it was a big deal, just still getting ribbed by the wife. Bought a bag of salad to go with the steaks last time out. Forgot to bring any salad dressing.

E

Eric the Eric

Agree.

I bought a box of the little packets containing 2 aspirin each and made sure all my first aid kits were stocked with them. Not so much for headaches as for heart attack.
That's a good idea. I keep a sniffle kit separate from my first aid kit with aspirin, antihistamines, bandaids, antacids, anti inflammatories, tylenol cold and sinus etc. Its not cheap to take time off and go adventure some times and it's nice to have the sniffle kit to make sure you can enjoy and get the most out of your adventure even if you are getting sick.

kingofthehill29

Rank II

Advocate II

I’m new to overlanding, and somewhat obsessed now that I’ve been working toward getting my 96 Land Cruiser ready for the trail. Haven’t been real camping in years, and I THINK I have what I need...

My question for the veterans is, if you think back to your first time, is there one thing that sticks out that you said... “I can’t believe I forgot to bring _______?”

I’m heading to Overland Expo West next week from Santa Barbara, CA, for my first outing (solo at that) and I’m sure that when I get there I’m gonna have forgotten my tent or my sleeping bag or my truck for that matter [emoji4]
Plates.

I had to improvise and use a plastic lid from a container.

avgjoe624

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

Its always the little things with big uses that you forget.. like toilet paper or eating utensils. things of that nature.

My solution, (after being in the army for so long) was a packing list, printed out, item by item checked off as it is packed into the jeep.

Reactions: Eric the Eric

jimbofoxman

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Oshtemo Township, MI, USA
Member #

Last weekend I forgot the extra thick socks I use for sleep in and my feet extend beyond the end of the mattress I use. Plus forgot antacids. So I woke up with freezing feet and horrible heart burn.

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

Pliers. Any and all forms. Didn't realize until I was laying under my truck outside of Whitehorse last summer needing a pair.

Needless to say when we finally managed to get into Whitehorse the next day , I went straight to Canadian tire and bought every style of pair of pliers i could consider.

And very strangely and coincidentally, that very same night at camp, while walking the dogs up a wildlife trail, I stopped at a random outcropping to look down at our campsite and what lay on the ground just ahead of my feet.......yes (and no word of a lie here) a pair of friggin pliers.