What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

American Overlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Waconia, MN
Member #

Added 4 new lights to the roof rack. Install looks like factory. Wire hidden on right side of windshield. Switch looks like factory as well. This is on my 2008 Sequoia.

Attachments

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Okay, I need to apologize in advance, I would have had an amazing video to go along with this install, but the hard drive in my DVR home security cameras took a dive again. I swear, they only last a year with heavy use. Have a solid state inbound this time. But Ill tell the story. Today is windy as hell. While working with my new axe shovel mount I hear this loud crack and sounds like hell is coming unbound. I turn to see this large chunk of metal awing fly over my neighbors house. It sure screwed up their roof and the debris landed on both of their cars. Lets just say it was nuts..

Anyways, as for what I did. When I bought my Maxterra bumper the shovel mounts were forgot and we realized it when I got there. I just bought a 270* awning for the drivers/ rear side of the X to cover what the tent does not, this means I needed to free up some rack space. So now I need to relocate my axe and shovel. Talked with Dave a bit on it. Then talked to fourtreks. Got everything in the mail Wednesday and mounted it. But it was tight, as in 1/8" tight to the rear hatch. So I got creative. with some Al stock and hardware. Now I have over 5/8" and there is no way contact can occur short of someone running into the back of the rig. Lets say I am a fan, but dam does fourtreks shit cost a pretty penny. I have done a few different locations and found this works the best for placement. Will have to do some touch up paint on the vertical support of th tire carrier, but who sees back there anyways? I'm pretty sure this will work on Shrockworks swingouts as well. I also have a new Gobi wind deflector in bound as my was peeling like a mother, and they hooked me up with it, so I can not complain. I also have an overlandbound.com vinyl on my desk to install onto it when it comes, so Salt Lake Valley will be seeing overlandbound.com representing really soon. I ordered a ARQ270 awning from Aiden James Customs, and Im on my 3rd week for my Alcans and several things waiting for good weather and time off of work to install. But I wanted this shovel and axe mounted in the rear, have to say, I'm excited with how it turned out.

theick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Las Vegas
Member #

I did put new hydraulic pistons on the door of the shell so I can stop getting hit in the head when it falls.

Reactions: Scout

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Nuttin'. My truck has been away for over a month now. My friend has it trying to get the Evap and Catalyst monitors reset so it can pass SMOG.

If anyone knows the secret to get these set in a 2001 Land Rover D2, please let me know! I have found multiple lists to complete different drive cycles, but nothing has been working.

bajatacoguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Portsmouth NH
First Name
John
Last Name
Lomastro
Member #

So today the front roofrack went up, still waiting for the short roof adapter (coming tomorrow). Tuff Stuff RTT with annex secured and assembled. (Zipper training)
View attachment 17967 View attachment 17968 View attachment 17969 View attachment 17970 View attachment 17971 View attachment 17972 View attachment 17973 View attachment 17974
Tomorrow roof basket on the cab and Tuff Stuff awning off the drivers side.
Anyone have experince with add a leaf know if ill need new longer shocks for my 2" add a leaf to work? The bushings on mine look pretty shot as well.

Check out superspring it will help withe weight in the rear.

—————————

Hey Now!

Reactions: Rivalicon

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I took the blizzak snow tires (on my factory 19" wheels) off the rig today. I had my Goodyear Silent Armors dismounted and put white wall in and remounted. They were so beat up from abuse that they looked like crap. I think most of the damage was from it's suburban adventures rather than off road, but still. Those are on my 18" compomotive PD1880 wheels, which you tend to see a lot of on the LR4. When I wear those out I will get KO2, but the dang things wear like iron. Also bought some tires for my other car (S-04 pole position summers for a infiniti g35) and shopped for wheels/tires for my wifes new vehicle, a 2017 Infiniti QX50. We will soon (temporarily) have 4 vehicles, 3 of which we will keep.. so 6 total sets of wheels/tires to manage!

I need to buy stock in tire/wheel companies because I have a small fortune into sets of snow tires and wheels and rubber!

Reactions: Glenn

Ironhide Fx4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

VT
Member #

Put on new wipers. On the way home from work it started to rain, hit the wipers and the passenger wiper tore off at the squeegee. I decided to switch to the Rain X Latitude. Let's see if these work betterIMG_20170307_173256850.jpg