Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

I was supposed to install 37" BFG KO2s (which actually measure out to be 0.5" taller than my 35" MTR/K). Unfortunately I had to cancel my mount and balance appointment, so hopefully tomorrow. Excited!

MagnoliaOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Owens Cross Roads, Madison County, Alabama, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Spent the morning doing front and rear diff fluid change and transfer case change. Plugs came off fairly easy. Didn't get to do front diff as I didn't order enough fluid.

Fluid was fairly dark. I really hope it's been changed before. 120,000 miles

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

theick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Las Vegas
Member #

I pickedup a cheap midland CB, 4' firestik and coaxial cable. But I did forget the mounting stud for the antenna so it will wait until after I finish a few other things.

Reactions: NV.Recon

Zaq

Rank III

Advocate II

Well not today, but within the last two weeks I've added full shrockworks skids, pelfreybilt sliders, and full length Prinsu Design roof rack. (11' 4Runner)

I know, I guess I need some pictures instead of just talking about it....

Sent from my SM-P550 using OB Talk mobile app

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Ever since I got the Maxterra jerry can rear bumper (FYI the best bumper you can get for your X), I have pretty much retired the rotopax from the Gobi rack on the X. However, I have now needed to carry 10 gallons of fuel and water on a few trips. The bumper holds the 2 5gallon cans which I opt to keep the gas outside the truck, but am then placing a pair of Scepter/ LCI 5 gallon scepter water cans in the vehicle which are large, awkward and if on their side Im scared of a leak even though I have and use some JAGMTE wrenches (great for the scepter cans). I have looked for a way to hold them on the roof, but they were WAY too tall standing up, and the leak issue scared me laying them on their side, wouldn't it suck to roll into camp and have a empty water can. So I used the rotopax mount to hold the water on the Gobi in the front recessed little area. But with the Roof top tent up there as well, it is awkward to remove the rotopax T handle. Well, I think I found my solution! 10L (2.6 Gallon) runt cans. I will likely only every use 4 but I got 5 shipped for less then 4 shipped... odd I know I even called to see if there was a glitch in their system, they verified, said it was odd as well but they had special free shipping if over a set amount, and 5 was just barely over that amount, 4 was not, the really weird part was 6 would have cost $100 just to ship due to the oversized box, so 5 it is. They called a few days later saying, sorry the tan is out of stock but they will drop ship direct, now the tan does not even show on their site, just the UN blue. So for once I think I got lucky... But just like the 5lb propane tank costing more than the 20lb, these are no exception, the 10L cost more than the 20L. Go figure.

I have a 10L fuel can, yes I know the yellow strap means diesel, but it has viton gasket, I just can not find a red strap anywhere, so who cares, plus it was dirt cheap (compared to normal prices that is), but I wanted to see if all 6 would fit, and the do, like a glove without excessive height/ worry. I will now have my 5lb propane tank and 4 10L water cans in that hardly usable area in the Xterra gobi rack. The extra weight of the water is not too bad, Im just excited it fit so well, the cans fit flush inside the rack hoops, are secured tot he taller bar up front, and stops just short of where the rack bends up to follow the profile of the Xterra roof line. Hope no one minds the share.