Launch Member

Advocate I

New Tazewell, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Cote
Member #

Nice propane mount... I have 0 skills with a welder, but Im crafty and got mine mounted last summer. Its weird how the smaller tanks cost ALOT more. Also amazing how so many people forget the easy stuff like propane storage and transport.

Great setup Sir!
Thanks and yes those tanks are pricey but we got a great deal on this one. My lady works for a propane company. I originally was just going to carry a 10lb but when this 20lb popped up I just had to. :smile:

wgmclain96

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fayetteville, AR/Richmond, TX
Member #

I bought it off amazon 9 sheets for 155. I still have 4 sheets of it left over. When I feel like doing the rear seat area I will have enough. Took me half the day. I did not take pictures of it before I started putting it back together but both fender wells were covered.

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app
That's not bad at all. I would likely not need as much as you since I'm using it for my TJ. Plan to do the rear cargo area first and do the front when I decide to install my Tuffy console

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: giarc1234

Zargon

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Siliconed my rear sunroof closed after flooding my cargo area. Twice.
EDIT: To clarify, my rear sunroof leaks quite badly through my headliner, and we got some heavy rain a week or so ago, and I just finished drying out everything in the back, and we got some more rain today. We need the rain, but preferably outside of my rig.
IMG_20170206_191427.jpg

Reactions: JaimyMac630

mase001

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Thanks! I know it's not the most expensive or serious kit out there but the clearance for snow was my biggest concern. I won't be doing any rock crawling so this is a good daily driver/weekend warrior compromise I think!

Here it is after coming off the rack. Still hasn't settled. Will have it aligned tomorrow!

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Thanks! I know it's not the most expensive or serious kit out there but the clearance for snow was my biggest concern. I won't be doing any rock crawling so this is a good daily driver/weekend warrior compromise I think!

Here it is after coming off the rack. Still hasn't settled. Will have it aligned tomorrow!
Doesn't have to be top of the line, over the top costly, as long as it performs as you expect and is reliable. [emoji106]

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

Today I made the mount for my cb antenna (courtesy of @lord_t4r) out of scrap aluminum. Now I need to get the cb that (@O.Dfj) hooked me up with.
Overland Bound Sacramento gang sure is one of the best groups and are looking just like a 2nd family with @O.Dfj being the mommy.

OB 1643
I'm your daddy.

Sent from my LGMS631 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: NV.Recon

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Today I made the mount for my cb antenna (courtesy of @lord_t4r) out of scrap aluminum. Now I need to get the cb that (@O.Dfj) hooked me up with.
Overland Bound Sacramento gang sure is one of the best groups and are looking just like a 2nd family with @O.Dfj being the mommy.

OB 1643
Not sure what kind of antenna you are going to run on that but I built my first mount very similar to that and wound up breaking it through the 90* bend on the first trail after about the 5th tree hit it. I went back with 1/4" steel and eventually 1/4" stainless steel with a heck of a gusset.

Reactions: The other Sean

NV.Recon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Reno, Nevada
Member #

And luckily I live 5 minutes from Relentless Fabrication, they don't make a 2nd Gen Tundra hood mount but they had some 2nd Gen Tacoma brackets and they lined up perfectly. Gonna get it all set up this weekend if all goes as planned.
20170209_175622.jpg

OB 3319

Reactions: Sonarman

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Found some pictures!

OB 1643
Found some pictures!

What I started with:

What I ended up making to solve the issues of rust and breakage. And it's not 1/4", I'm sorry, it was 1/8" angle and a 1/4" thick gusset. Never broke or lost continuity again though and that was with a 102" whip swinging on it for years.