Nisku, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Westfall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
RamRunner78
Got the gladiator vent decal on, my1941 lock covers on, washed it up. Got ahold of a used rubicon hood, stripped the 3m and the rubicon logo off cleaned up installed a bug deflector, installed new vents. Now it’s off to the decal shop for a custom diesel hood decal. Can’t wait to install the hood.

Attachments

Influencer II

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Haskins
Camping this past week at Payne’s Creek Campground on Lake Hartwell. It was our first really hot and humid camping trip In this setup. 105 heat index, so glad to be on the water most of the day. Little breeze at night off the water helped. Plus the zero breeze a/c unit with fans makes sleeping much better. The lights I added in the Annex and the 270 awning made everything so much more efficient.

Attachments

Steward I

Nisku, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Westfall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
RamRunner78
Finally installed my extreme recon fender extensions, with a little heat gun action they turned out great. Also got my trailer brake module installed, ready to tow the retro.

Attachments

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Just had all four TPMS replaced. No more butt crack light on the guage cluster.

Also, had it inspected. Couldn't use their car wash, but took major advantage of their free vacuums, glass cleaner and Armor All.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shahn and El-Dracho

Steward I

Nisku, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Westfall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
RamRunner78
After peeling off the 3m protectant, and the rubicon decals. Installing a ultra skin hood deflector, new hood vents and getting my local decal shop to make up this custom decal. The new to me hood is finally installed and waxed up. She’s all
Cleaned up and added another parks decal to my rack.

Attachments

Akicita

Rank IV

Advocate I

Firestone, CO, USA
First Name
Akicita
Last Name
Lakota
Member #

Today - Modified a Star Link Pivot Mount to fit my AluCab roof rail with a quick disconnect. Routed the cable through my Canopy and spliced in an RJ45 waterproof bulkhead fitting. Added velcro to the back of the router to stick to my front bulkhead and ran power to my Yeti 1500X. . . Did all this so my wife and I can extend trips to remote areas with comms to our office and staff.

Also today - Paid to camp in a Colorado State Park in Fruita. . . First time I have paid for camping in 10 years but it's close to Alcan Springs in Grand Junction where I am going to have my custom progressive leaf packs installed tomorrow morning at 0730. I will post about that in the morning.

20230727_193240.jpg

20230727_193220.jpg

20230727_203848.jpg

Last edited:

kunstmilch

Rank V

Advocate II

Pomona, CA, USA
First Name
Erich
Last Name
Wise
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS call sign: WRFL229
OK so for those who dont know, Im fully disabled so everything goes frustratingly extra slow. So i seem to disappear from OB1 then pop up again. Apologies for the inconsistency. Here’s a few more progress pics on what my partner and i have gotten done. This is the interior “bed” area of the suburban. Ill add another post with photos of the roof.

Attachments