Rank IV

Advocate I

Firestone, CO, USA
First Name
Akicita
Last Name
Lakota
Member #

After a trip to Maze District in Canyonlands and negotiating 30+ Inch shelves I decided to install a front facing camera. Found a wireless Wi-Fi unit on Amazon that connects to my dash mounted tablet or phone. Will be testing it out this week on a trip to the mountains.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
Well this was a new one...picked up a mitfull of surveyors line which closed my emergency brake arm just enough to start makin' a racket. Thought my bearing had packed it in. Anyways ...all's well that ends well.
Screenshot_20230707-142453_Gallery.jpg

peeeeetey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harrisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Meuser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WREL270
Still waiting......Truck has been at the transmission shop for going on 3 weeks now. Sucks breaking down at holiday season. has happened 2 years in a row. These guys work at they're own pace! Hopefully tomorrow. Got a bad itch to get out!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Replaced the Midland CB radio with this Cobra 19 Mini. Not only does it take up significantly less real estate, but it has features the other one didn't. Most notably, 40 channels in both AM and FM.

IMAG2778.jpg

Reactions: Shahn and El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Replaced the Midland CB radio with this Cobra 19 Mini. Not only does it take up significantly less real estate, but it has features the other one didn't. Most notably, 40 channels in both AM and FM.

View attachment 262009
Looks sweet. How good is the modulation of the small radio?

Reactions: roots66

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Looks sweet. How good is the modulation of the small radio?
It's very good actually. Europe has had AM/FM for a long time now and Cobra actually got the US to agree to it just a couple years. Not a lot on FM at the moment (compared to AM), but then I am about 10 miles from any major road and can still pick up quite a bit. I think a good antenna is also key.

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
It's very good actually. Europe has had AM/FM for a long time now and Cobra actually got the US to agree to it just a couple years. Not a lot on FM at the moment (compared to AM), but then I am about 10 miles from any major road and can still pick up quite a bit. I think a good antenna is also key.
Awesome. Yes, FM in CB radio in Europe since 1978 already. And in Germany since a couple of years also 80 channels instead of 40 and since 2011 SSB is allowed on CB with 12W over here. There are still slight differences in the regulations between the individual European countries, but they are being harmonized more and more.

Enjoy the new radio.

Reactions: roots66