Harrisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Meuser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WREL270
I don't trust suction cups for my phone or camera on the inside much less strapping heavy stuff on the outside. I have had go pros fall off of my winshield with 3M tape. Good luck!
I am sorry..I didn't notice that the panels are bolted to the top rack. That changes everything as far as weight carrying capacity. Nice!

BigBlueOx_TRD

Rank VII
Investor

World Traveler III

East Bend
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K04ACI
Wow, this looks really good. I’ll have to see if they make this for a GX460.
I really dig the look.
They do make a universal one for the GX if you're running one of their racks. It is a slightly different looking panel, but maintains the same functionality.
Price is $169

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I haven't installed (or recieved them yet), but I purchased some 12v heating pads for my battery, water tank, and propane tank.

I plan on doing some camping over the winter, but didn t think about heating these things when I built the trailer.

I heading out on a trip next weekend, so it'll be a scramble to get them wired and installed, but I'll get it done.

BigBlueOx_TRD

Rank VII
Investor

World Traveler III

East Bend
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K04ACI
I am sorry..I didn't notice that the panels are bolted to the top rack. That changes everything as far as weight carrying capacity. Nice!
No need to apologize.
You are completely right about the suction cups for phones, tablets, etc. They don't always hold like they should, especially in NC humidity, lol.
The suction cups are only there for stability at the bottom, and greatly help with installation.
The panels are mounted with 4 bolts to a second panel section that then mounts with the supplied grade 8 hardware that comes with the roof rails for the roof rack - or they also supply 4 more bolts, washers, and nuts with the panel in case you don't have rails in that section.
It's very sturdy.
I weigh around 270 at 6'5 and I can't make it move at all once mounted.

I attached a few more photos of everything laid out to give you, and others, a better look at what all comes with it.

Attachments

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
Did a little maintenance. Replaced both lower ball joints.
Then proceeded to totally wreck the day by forgetting to put the upper pinch bolt in. Pulled out on the road and folded the passenger side wheel under the truck.
Ugh. :/

GrumpyRam

Rank V

Inventor I

Nevada
First Name
Dan
Last Name
DeV
Member #

Service Branch
USAF (ret)
Did a little maintenance. Replaced both lower ball joints.
Then proceeded to totally wreck the day by forgetting to put the upper pinch bolt in. Pulled out on the road and folded the passenger side wheel under the truck.
Ugh. :/
Ouch!

Reactions: Dimitri_Raptis

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Got the Safiery LPG senders hooked up to the cerbo, took a little doing, apparenetly needed to have the 24v hooked up to the tank 140 input, 12v would cause it to not work properly. Also got the battery bank to work better with the cerbo, had to do some rewiring as the black series wiring didnt have both batteries in line to hook up to the Shunt properly. Finished the poly on the galley table as well. Last thing is still a work in progress, putting together a screen for the cerbo display to put in the black series control center since all the stock gauges are not being used. wrapping the screen in some wood trim to match the table. More pictures to come when projects are finished.

Attachments

afootorafloatLJ

Rank VIII
Launch Member
Supporter

Trail Blazer I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Calhoun
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7FKK
Replaced the inconveniently placed in tank fuel pump on the 2006 Rubicon LJ. Even found a bird nest in the fuel pump recession. Crazy.

Attachments