Rank II

Enthusiast I

Florida, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Davison
Member #

Finally had a chance to wire in the KC Hilites lights and install a switch this weekend. I know LEDs are probably brighter, and the lights would look better in a cage, but I gotta work with what I’ve got and I don’t like LED light bars.

Attachments

OleBeardy

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Florida, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Davison
Member #

Finally had a chance to wire in the KC Hilites lights and install a switch this weekend. I know LEDs are probably brighter, and the lights
would look better in a cage, but I gotta work with what I’ve got and I don’t like LED light bars.
They look great!
Thank you! Someone on a different forum said the opposite since they are mounted directly the to truck and not in a cage.

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
Finally had a chance to wire in the KC Hilites lights and install a switch this weekend. I know LEDs are probably brighter, and the lights would look better in a cage, but I gotta work with what I’ve got and I don’t like LED light bars.
Agree on the led bars, I like the old-school rally style myself.
+1 for the switch graphic!

Reactions: OleBeardy

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Got the traction boards officially mounted on the front of the trailer today:

Also got my quickfists and Axe mounted as well:

Reactions: roots66

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Finally got rid of those small stock wheels and tires for a set of AEV saltas and some 37” BFG”s.
Now that looks better ;-)

BigBlueOx_TRD

Rank VII
Investor

World Traveler III

East Bend
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K04ACI
Installed the all new @lfd_off_road Multi Purpose Window Panel.

Coming in at only $199.99 + Tax & Shipping.

Made from Laser cut 11 Gauge (.120) steel with a two stage zinc base layer powder coating. Uses two heavy-duty RAM Mount suction cups on the rear window for stability. Installation hardware (for LFD Racks) and RAM Mount Suction cups included.

Mounted, this panel is very sturdy. Allowing you to add any accessories, trail gear, or Rotopax at a more accessible level than on your roof rack. Use caution when mounting items and common sense. Also, be cautious on tighter trails. I feel that this also adds security and safety to the 3rd window.

Using the provided RAM Mount suction cups to hold in place while I centered and installed the bolts into the panel and roof rails, I was able to install this by myself,
Although a second person would be beneficial. Install time was just short of 1 hour. Mostly due to me trying to find that perfect center spot that I wanted.
I would say a suggested install of 30 minutes to 1 hour. Especially if you do have that second person.

Attachments

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
With the addition of our 24gallon transfer tank from LRA the sagging rear end had to go. Out with the old 863s and in with the new 864s. No more sag! It was an easy job, about two hours, including a brew break. D0298DCB-7D21-4163-B27C-41805955C8A6.jpeg74362821-0AAB-4B90-BE9A-D70ED6B36BBC.jpeg

Last edited:

Fat-Tire

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Elgin, Cook County, Illinois, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRYJ626

Made from Laser cut 11 Gauge (.120) steel with a two stage zinc base layer powder coating. Uses two heavy-duty RAM Mount suction cups on the rear window for stability. Installation hardware (for LFD Racks) and RAM Mount Suction cups included.

Mounted, this panel is very sturdy. Allowing you to add any accessories, trail gear, or Rotopax at a more accessible level than on your roof rack. Use caution when mounting items and common sense. Also, be cautious on tighter trails. I feel that this also adds security and safety to the 3rd window.

Using the provided RAM Mount suction cups to hold in place while I centered and installed the bolts into the panel and roof rails, I was able to install this by myself,
Although a second person would be beneficial. Install time was just short of 1 hour. Mostly due to me trying to find that perfect center spot that I wanted.
I would say a suggested install of 30 minutes to 1 hour. Especially if you do have that second person.
Wow, this looks really good. I’ll have to see if they make this for a GX460.

peeeeetey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harrisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Meuser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WREL270

I don't trust suction cups for my phone or camera on the inside much less strapping heavy stuff on the outside. I have had go pros fall off of my winshield with 3M tape. Good luck!

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I don't trust suction cups for my phone or camera on the inside much less strapping heavy stuff on the outside. I have had go pros fall off of my winshield with 3M tape. Good luck!
Looking at it, the top seems pretty well mounted. The suction cups help stabilize the bottom edge. It’s an interesting approach for sure.

JakeHalloran

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger II

Chehalis, WA
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Halloran
Member #

This last weekend was pretty productive for me! I put a leveling kit on my Tacoma. While I was in there, I replaced the driver's CV axle which was worn and clicking, and replaced the driver's side differential bearing with a ECGS bushing kit due to slop in the factory needle bearing. I also had to replace the sway bar end links, the nuts were rusted on there tighter than anything else.

Popping the CV axle out of the differential was a chore, first time I had done it. I couldn't get my pry bar with enough leverage to get it out. I had some rigging laying around, so I took a 1/4in cable with a cinch hook on one end and an eye on the other. I choked the CV axle with the hook end and put a track link from a mini ex through the eye, to act as a weight/handle. Basically made a slide hammer, but without the slide, or the hammer haha. Just a few tugs with it and it popped right out. The new CV popped in much easier. My floor jack handle fit perfectly over the threads and I could get my large short handled dead blow on it and pop it in. Might help somebody somewhere, although I get that not a lot of people have rigging cable laying around haha

Attachments

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
Not so much a “what did you do with your rig today” but, I was able to score a “new to me” Gazelle T4 Plus tent. In fact, it was gifted to me by some extremely generous individuals. Thankful!
We have the T4 and love it. We're all set up and ready for the night before many have the poles sorted out.