Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM - KN6TKY & GMRS - WRQT727
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS
Eight hours worth of wiring but it’s done. Switch Pros 9100 and front facing camera and accessory lighting for camp lighting.

Attachments

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Mounted a pair of 10,000lb rated recovery hooks to the front frame rails. Next will be to blast off some of the rust on the front body member, then move on to blasting off the rust from the lower doors and rockers and making a sweet rattle can two tone paint job.
IMG_20220801_001544208.jpg
IMG_20220801_001558881.jpg
edited to add pics.

Last edited:

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Mounted a pair of 10,000lb rated recovery hooks to the front frame rails. Next will be to blast off some of the rust on the front body member, then move on to blasting off the rust from the lower doors and rockers and making a sweet rattle can two tone paint job.
Nice!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Finally got around to reorganizing my first and main trauma kit so I could install it on the lift gate of my Xterra with some of my other tools and lighting.

I tried adding a picture but it doesnt seem to be working, if anyone can tell me how to post I will try again.
Not sure if it's a file-size issue, but, sometimes I have to send the image(s) to myself using Hotmail that asks me if I'd like to "Reduce File Size" - which I do - then they upload here NP. Best of Luck, and welcome to OB!

Reactions: ESF 9

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Not sure if it's a file-size issue, but, sometimes I have to send the image(s) to myself using Hotmail that asks me if I'd like to "Reduce File Size" - which I do - then they upload here NP. Best of Luck, and welcome to OB!
I have the same problem with the mobile app, it never uploads images properly. Doesn't give any error message either. I guess it's the file size.

Reactions: DaleRF and ESF 9

ESF 9

Rank V

Explorer I

Virginia, United States
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Huddle
Finally got around to reorganizing my first and main trauma kit so I could install it on the lift gate of my Xterra with some of my other tools and lighting.

I tried adding a picture but it doesnt seem to be working, if anyone can tell me how to post I will try again.
Thanks I used your tip to get it to work

Reactions: DaleRF

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)

Edit to add I got the picture upload
That looks GREAT!

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Blasted a whole bunch of rust off the "beam" that runs in front of the radiator. So much rust dust was coming off I had to wear my respirator lol Hopefully the blasts of anti-rust paint will help preserve the vehicle a little longer than it would otherwise last.
Before:
IMG_20220801_001813424.jpg
After:
IMG_20220801_234350407.jpg
I didn't bother remediating all the surface rust on the bumper core because I plan to fit a winch bumper in the future, and it was just superficial anyway, however I did remediate the surface where it bolts up to the frame rail ends so as to prevent any rust being transferred to the frame again.

I may have to go back and remediate the completely rusted away radiator support that rests under the radiator feet. That's a pretty major job that involves some fabbing and a decent amount of work taking things off to get to it, so I left it for the time being. Perhaps I will revisit that when I get my new bumper.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Blasted a whole bunch of rust off the "beam" that runs in front of the radiator. So much rust dust was coming off I had to wear my respirator lol Hopefully the blasts of anti-rust paint will help preserve the vehicle a little longer than it would otherwise last.
Before:
View attachment 236926
After:
View attachment 236927
I didn't bother remediating all the surface rust on the bumper core because I plan to fit a winch bumper in the future, and it was just superficial anyway, however I did remediate the surface where it bolts up to the frame rail ends so as to prevent any rust being transferred to the frame again.

I may have to go back and remediate the completely rusted away radiator support that rests under the radiator feet. That's a pretty major job that involves some fabbing and a decent amount of work taking things off to get to it, so I left it for the time being. Perhaps I will revisit that when I get my new bumper.
Wow, that's a lot of work, but it looks way better than b4. Nice job!

Reactions: CR-Venturer