What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

Installed new headlight bulbs because the old ones were getting pretty dim. I also found some LED tail/brake light bulbs and popped those in.

Last edited:

WUzombies

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

image.jpg

Roof rack completed and mounted today. The lights aren't wired in yet, waiting for a fused bus to show up to run a new complete circuit that will run the lighting and the commo package that is on order (HAMA and CB). Not in view are 2 LED cubes for the rear. I should have the air dam mounted on the front this week too. Also, hopefully the new wheels and tires will arrive by the end of the week.

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

It's not much but I replaced all the standard bulbs in my dash cluster with LED's and it's much better.

I have this picture but I took it before I noticed one of the LED's wiggled loose.

I also ordered a vent for my hood to keep the temperature down under there. It should be here in a few days. I'm not sure when I'll install it though. Maybe before the Badlands trip next summer. Heats not really an issue for the next 4 months, lol.

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

What LEDS did you get? I need to replace the dash lights on the F150, but haven't decided on if I'm going with LEDs or what yet.

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

What LEDS did you get? I need to replace the dash lights on the F150, but haven't decided on if I'm going with LEDs or what yet.
I got mine from Amazon. $9.99 for 20 green LED's and twist locks. You only need 5 or 6 to replace the Speedo, Tach and Blinkers. I left the Check engine and trouble lights white incandescent bulbs since they're less important to me.

The factory bulbs are clear/white light and the gauges have a green film to diffuse the light. That means we can't just change the color of the bulb to get a different display color. (The popular thing these days is to have Blue.) I don't care for all that noise so I kept it simple. Green filters will let through more light if the bulb is green so that's why I chose green LED's over white.

Link to LED's on AMAZON

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

I yanked out my alarm system...a toggle switch had broken off, and apparent past poor wiring by the previous owner, was causing issues with my battery somehow. Oh yeah, and it wouldn't shut off...forums, dealerships, Toyota Master Mechanics, you tube demos, ALL couldn't turn it off...so I am one less electrical nightmare and one new battery happy!

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

Swapped out some more lights for LED's. Tail/brake, back up, license plate, front side marker and interior map/dome/trunk lights are now all LED. Tomorrow I'll be packing up for a fall camping trip on the Oregon coast. Looking forward to it.

deeker

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

SW Ontario, Canada
Member #

Had a u-joint replaced today. Too cold and windy to do it outside any more. I need a heated garage half the year now!

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Holy hush puppies that's a nest. I don't envy that 12volt job.