San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Heiman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5LHN
Thanks. Yes I will be building my own. Working on plans right now.
Great, I'm interested to see what you do! Trying to decide what I'll be using for materials at this point.
Likewise. I'm gonna go with plywood. Thinking 2 drawers for gear on one side, and a fridge pull out with another sliding drawer underneath for the Coleman stove, and another under that for a collapsible sink. Trying to decide now whether I want an inline pump for the water supply, of if I'll just let gravity do all the work. Good luck with your build.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Likewise. I'm gonna go with plywood. Thinking 2 drawers for gear on one side, and a fridge pull out with another sliding drawer underneath for the Coleman stove, and another under that for a collapsible sink. Trying to decide now whether I want an inline pump for the water supply, of if I'll just let gravity do all the work. Good luck with your build.
You as well! I'm pretty sure Plywood will be most of it. I may use PVC where I can for low weight bearing surfaces. Here's the rough mock. I will be iterating on this as I think of things and getting proper measurements. I'll have a tray for my Wolfpack boxes then an actual drawer on the side.
1648493253212.png

TxJeeper75

Rank VI

Steward I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Heiman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5LHN
You as well! I'm pretty sure Plywood will be most of it. I may use PVC where I can for low weight bearing surfaces. Here's the rough mock. I will be iterating on this as I think of things and getting proper measurements. I'll have a tray for my Wolfpack boxes then an actual drawer on the side.
View attachment 226659
I like it. Looks good. I would also like to put in a small power supply, and a switch for the light on my rear hatch. Here's what I have so far. Like yours, this is just a rough draft, and things will probably change a bit as the build progresses. As far as weight reduction, I have seen some, cut sections out of the sides and base. I will implement this where I can.

Attachments

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Installed molle panel on my 2020 Tundra. Not as easy as Rago Fabrication youtube install video shows. Bolts closest to the seat were almost impossible to get to.
I feel you. My Taco panels were hard too. Especially since I have large hands. But I was able to get them in with a little patience. Note to anyone out there for these, if you have a friend with small/smaller hands try to get them to help.

66803935744__2D991A4D-43FE-4027-A139-EFBAF28AD77F.fullsizerender.JPEGIMG_2701.JPEGIMG_2800.jpeg

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Cupping is normally a shock issue. (could be a few other things) If you've ever seen a tire hopping up and down on someone's car as they cruise by, that's the problem. LOL
Zim
That's fair. My MTs currently were ran under pressure for a bit too long and I can feel it now. Damn Up and Down temps made it hard to keep at Optimal pressure.

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Thanks Zim! I love the panel, but again it was a pain to put in myself, not to mention I had just strained 3 dominant shoulder muscles.
Ouch. I started making a temp "headache" rack and it's too big to put on the bench. So, like a idiot, went to the gym in the morning, worked on the concrete most of the day, and in the evening can't walk. LMAO. Hate getting old but just have to deal with it. Hands are sore almost every day.
Need a link to some good pain reliver cream.
Zim

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
I'm done. I'm sure y'all glad too. LMAO. One of the hardest things I've ever made because AWKWARD! LOL
So now on to the headache rack. Will be lots easier than this SOB. (disclaimer; I did not make the brush guard, just the bumper in 3 pcs.)
Winch is on the way.
Zim
View attachment 226706
That looks amazing! Nice job Zim! WOW!

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Installed a central vac in the HQ19 under the seat. Then used it to clean up the mess I made cutting out the hole for the outlet. Possibly one of the best things I have put in.

Attachments

Reactions: roots66 and Shahn