First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
I think I have the same CAD program.
It seems I have to use it for everything I want to upgrade because there is no aftermarket for the 2nd generation Explorer. Which is exactly why I chose the platform.
Nothing against Jeeps and Taco's, their popular because they are very capable machines. I just tend to gravitate towards what is not supposed to be typical.

-Dan
Perfect. I'm a career Draftsman and have been drawing professionally since I was 16 so the last thing I want to do is draw something and then make it. LMAO. I come from the rooms of white shirted black tie guys and had to move over to autodesk, autocadd, mommascadd ladda ladda ladda. I don't need all that anymore. I just need it done. LOL
Thanks for the comments. I appreciate it.
Zim

EDIT: This bumper (ARB style) would look so cool on a Explorer.
I had a winch bumper made. Going on after I drop the engine back in.

1646530764034.jpeg

-Dan

Last edited:

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Got the CJ2's rear axle put back together. Will put it under the frame tomorrow morning and I'll have a rolling chassis again :) Feel like I'm getting back in the groove on that. I hit a similar wall with the CJ5 where I didn't work on it for like a month or made very little progress.

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Replaced valve cover gasket. 6 hours, taking my time. Lesson learned? Fel Pro gaskets don’t play nice with Toyotas. The top of the line Felpro lasted only 4 years and 42,000 miles.
Cork or rubber? LOL. I always try to use cork if available because they deal with flex a little better. Either way, it's a job to do these so congrats.
Zim

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Cork or rubber? LOL. I always try to use cork if available because they deal with flex a little better. Either way, it's a job to do these so congrats.
Zim
It’s rubber , with a really nice channel to press it into. It does take three hands. My buddy held the heater hoses up and out of the way so I could set it straight down.. I miss the days of spin off T bolts or simple clips with cork..

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
=======================================================================================================================

I look at it this way,....................................What makes a JEEP trail rated? Is it because it is a jeep,....NO. It is tires, LSD or locker's, shocks, skid plates, etc. That is what makes a vehicle 'trail rated'. Bumpers, winches, those just make it more capable. Thing's like sliders just minimize trail damage, and contribute to your vehicles ability. Members from around the world wheel in a variety of rigs, with minimal upgrades over stock, and enjoy the expieriance.

I put them on my truck, not because it makes my truck all that it could be, but because it is a conversation starter, and that can be a good thing where were trying to educate people and make more people appreciate what the outdoors provide and help pay it forward. And it is a little nose tweaking, to those who are unabashed fan boys, and do not see the humor:anguished:
Very well said. Other than a leveling kit, my truck is totally stock and it has never failed me on any of the "trails" I've taking it to. Of course, I've never taken it any place I know it won't make it out. All you have to do is know your rig's (and your own) limits and don't push them.

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
It’s rubber , with a really nice channel to press it into. It does take three hands. My buddy held the heater hoses up and out of the way so I could set it straight down.. I miss the days of spin off T bolts or simple clips with cork..
Sometimes I think it would be easier to fly to Florida and launch the Space Shuttle than do some of this maintenance. I have 16 spark plugs in this 6.2. I'm about to get screwed on that one. I have 3 ASE certs and I'm still not looking forward to it.
LMAO
Zim

Reactions: Shahn and MOAK

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Okay then. Here's the update on bumperfest 2022. Got the old bumper off and started the fabrication of how I was going to attach it. Went as planned but it took most of the day mounting, and demounting the thing about 25 times to get the fit right. I'm liking the look so far but the winch cradle will be the challenge.
Zim
IMG-1797.JPG

IMG-1804.JPG

IMG-1802.JPG

IMG-1800.JPG

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
Okay then. Here's the update on bumperfest 2022. Got the old bumper off and started the fabrication of how I was going to attach it. Went as planned but it took most of the day mounting, and demounting the thing about 25 times to get the fit right. I'm liking the look so far but the winch cradle will be the challenge.
Zim
View attachment 224973

View attachment 224974

View attachment 224975

View attachment 224977
Like the look so far. Not so much that body mount though :/