Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
After 4 days of the Toyota dealership not contacting me I called and said - Hows the rig, after being called Honey about 10 times… so 1950’s… they informed me they are working with Toyota central to figure out why the error I am getting is occurring, could be bad wiring in the transmission so they need to drop it and fiddle around some more… figure it will be 3 weeks before I see Alice again, so I may go get my gear off her top rack before it goes MIA…

Reactions: Shahn and roots66

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Finally got my Recovery boards mounted up. Still need to buy and install a locking mechanism, but this works for now. Next weekend is the solar panels and the Goal Zero install.

Also had to patch a tire, got a long nail through it causing a slow leak.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Advtres and roots66

OVRLNDCBR

Rank V

Advocate I

Canberra ACT, Australia
First Name
Jarrad
Last Name
Horne
Member #

Added a 100W Renogy solar panel to the lefthand side of the iKamper. The cable is running down betwen the tray and cabin, under the chassis (sitting on the topside of the frame) and then connects to an anderson plug at the rear (and then onto the 2nd battery). Reason for this one was the arb elements fridge in the tray is now on 24/7 and this 100W panel is a good size for battery top-up during the day and fits onto the iKamper nicely.
The other add-on this week was the 3.25" snorkel and upgraded high flow air-box. Few water crossing to test her out over the coming weeks but overall happy with how it looks.

Attachments

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Got the locking mechanism for the traction boards. Threded a 1/2" hitch pin with a locking head. Used nut/washer on both sides, and a lockwasher on the exterior. A little silicon under the washers to keep the water out from inside the topper. Works perfect and no rattling.

Attachments

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

I SPENT A LOT OF $$$$$

New shocks, new sway bar links, new parking brake shoes, new rear brake linings, new rear axle seals due to a plugged rear axle vent..... I'm sure i'm missing something.
It went in for an oil change.... :confounded::confounded::confounded:
But it'll be reliable this summer. This is why I get my oil changes done by a mechanic.

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Started the wiring process for some extra powah. Front fuse box for little things like lights and lights and other lights. I'm also mounting a forward camera tomorrow and needed power for that.
Rear will be my aux battery, air compressor and some more 12v charging ports. The rear setup is temporary until I get my topper. Might be a few months for that.
Film at 11.
Zim

IMG-1715.JPG

IMG-1717.JPG

IMG-1718.JPG

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Used the CJ yesterday to clear some fallen limbs and trees from around the property and moved them to the burn pile, then cruised the access roads around our neighborhood clearing off the same from the roads. This morning I took the XJ to work and threw the Z Cable chains to make it a drama free drive.

20220203_104427.jpg

20220203_110439.jpg

20220203_111221.jpg