What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

Wanderer351

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

bladensburg,ohio
Member #

I finally installed the shocks that I ordered a year ago and we’re on back order until they arrive just after Thanksgiving. These hillbilly strep extensions were originally supposed to only be on for a year and I’ve been through five different states and several thousands of miles. It ain’t stupid if it works I guess!!

Attachments

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Put a new radiator in it. The original burst during a trip to Big Bend last week. JB Weld held long enough to finish the trip and get home.

Attachments

RatAssassin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Rat
Last Name
Assassin
Member #

I finished my home made traction board rack/auxiliary awning in anticipation of my off road teardrop being completed late this month.
4 boards due to the snow and sand where we like to go.

I made this so I can still get a canoe or my Yakima skybox on with plenty of room to spare. It sits to the left side of my truck on my bars, which is where I had the awning frame. They were both the same length, so I just made it all one.

So I'll retain my tarp on the side of the tuck.....and the OR Teardrop is coming with a 270* awning. Plenty of rain protection or sun protection.

Reactions: Shahn and roots66

Mamalloy

Rank II

Enthusiast I

San Tan Valley, Pinal County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Malloy Sr.
Member #

This is an old DIY project but I thought I'd post it for older full size owners. Couldn't find anything for a tailgate work surface for my 2013 Silverado so I had to come up with my own. Buddy 'o mine is a sheetmetal hand so I traded some work for him to input my dimensions into his CAD program and laser cut me an 18ga. SS.plate complete with cutouts for tailgate hardware. I had to go with a heavier gauge so it wouldn't buckle between the ribs on the tailgate. I installed with (way too many) stainless, counter sink rivets to prevent any snags and I installed rubber grommets around the the holes for the tailgate hardware (2013 doesn't have an access panel for the latch, just 3 cap screws). It's been awesome but it's super heavy. Had to install a tailgate assist to compensate. Met the guys from Mountain Hatch last year at the Flagstaff EXPO and they said they can do custom builds for any gate if you send them dimensions...damn I wish I knew.

Attachments

Reactions: Shahn and roots66