Rank IV

Advocate I

Concord, CA 94521, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Lauterbach
Member #

Haven’t hit the road yet. Will find out today. Does the whistle come from the gap? Because the deflector has trim along the bottom of it, and I’m able to slide the deflector up and down to desired position.
Yes in my experience you'll want the trim touching your paint. That got rid of my whistle.

Here's mine for reference:
View attachment 218561
Got it, thanks, appreciate the advice!

Oranger

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

Hastings, MN, USA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZAU
Hey Oranger,
How do they sound on the highway? I am about to pull the trigger on the same tire (295/75 16) as a replacement for the K02's. I was worried that I would have to listen to roaring heading to a destination / trail.
-Dan
Nice and quiet. They do not have a loud roar at highway speeds 55-60mph. Have yet to go 70mph+ with them.

Reactions: danwyandt

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Recieved my HOLMAN 85 S 'jump pack. Bought this model due to it's extreme low temperature design use, along with it's good reviews and being able to be used on larger pickup truck diesel engines. Peace of mind when out in the sticks, as I have seen some solo exploration problems with dead batteries in the AM. While it says up to 6.0 diesel engines, reviews have it working on Ford 6.2 and 7.2 engines, so my 6.6 Duramax ought to be within it's ability. Cold temps being where diesels are most unhappy at start up and operating parameters.

Attachments

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Well not today... Sunday I finally gave the 01 Tahoe a little love.
Serviced the differential and replaced the rear trackbar, new wipers, top off fluids, new fog light bulbs, and other little stuff like that.
Shame on me, the diff was black as can be and the old trackbar bowed. Both last touched by the factory?? Evidently I show this rig little mercy.
My lady and the kid report it made it to Idaho with no problems on Monday.
Other than the passenger side foot heater blowing cold. I drive when I am in it so not too worried about it....

View attachment 218475
Is yours open or do you have a G80 in it? I can't tell from photos and I haven't had any coffee yet, LOL.

I've been dreading opening up the diff on our '03 Sierra, but I need to change the fluid in it and I need to inspect the clutch plates in it.
Yes, its a G80. But I just left it as is since it still works well. I couldn't tell you how or even if it needs servicing.... only blew one up years ago when I had an emergency brake shoe delaminate and lock up one wheel. Evidently they don't like that and tend to break small parts....

Reactions: rho

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Yes, its a G80. But I just left it as is since it still works well. I couldn't tell you how or even if it needs servicing.... only blew one up years ago when I had an emergency brake shoe delaminate and lock up one wheel. Evidently they don't like that and tend to break small parts....
Ah, gotcha. I bet some of the darkness in there is clutch plate lining, too.

The G80 has been holding up well in ours, but the unpredictable nature of it has been kind of a challenge to deal with. Because of that, we'll go to truetrac or a Detroit locker at some point...

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Put an A.R.E. topper on the bed of the truck
Installed the MXT275 in the cab and mounted the antenna on The hood.
Just installed a GPS tracker on the HQ19. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
Put a bottle opener next to the outdoor kitchen
last mounted the OB Badge
20211209_161410[1].jpg

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Install and Setup Scangauge2.
Nice Toy :grin:

View attachment 218656
The ScanGauge units are great. Have mine for about ten years and permanently connected. Gives some useful data on the fly (dependig on the data the ECU of your rig provides through the OBD interface). Also to read out and clear error codes for others who need help at roadside (for the Landrover, of course, I usually use a nancom for this). For more, like settings change, learn pumps or injectors etc. you need of course another device. But for me the ScanGauge is a really good OBD reader and quite small. So you can find in many cases easily a place in the cockpit to install it permanently. A good investment I would say.

Advtres

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
Reinstalled my rear sway bar links as the first time the bushings were crushed and I lacked the mechanical understanding to extract the extension screw ( thought it was welded into the tubing, who knew!) now all is right in bushing world. - The red is fingernail polish to monitor the tightness. ( old motorcycle trick )

8CCE6DCC-3217-4330-83ED-141FD4B2FE65.jpeg

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Turns out I tested positive for covid, so I’ve started my isolation period from the garage, changing the rear diff oil.
I hope you are well and have no symptoms. Then I wish you happy working quarantine in the garage.

MattLodi

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Reggio Emilia, RE, Italia
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lodi
I hope you are well and have no symptoms. Then I wish you happy working quarantine in the garage.
I second this, I myself just got over my illness from the past weekend. Hope you feel better than I did.
Thank you for your kind messages, fortunately I'm almost asymptomatic now (just have a little cold), in the past days I had a light fever but it only lasted one night.