Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Grinder must have got pinched on the bolt head and kicked right back at me... I don’t know exactly... I haven’t gone back to try to figure out what happened, trying not to relive it yet...
How terrible...nothing I can say will take away your pain and misery, I'm sorry it happened to my friend, I wish i could perform some magic for you.. thank God you didn't lose an eye, fingers or worse. Take care and get wel, keep those wounds clean.

4Wheelexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Pasco, WA, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Overbaugh
Member #

Grinder must have got pinched on the bolt head and kicked right back at me... I don’t know exactly... I haven’t gone back to try to figure out what happened, trying not to relive it yet...
Yeah, I don’t think I would be rushing back to it in a hurry either, kind of like trying to re-do being being kicked by a horse for fun, not on the top ten list. Heal up Mike.

Reactions: MWallace

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Holy crap, Glad your relatively ok. that could have EASILY been a lot worse.

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
I missed an artery by less than a millimeter. I was very lucky
Wooooof. Glad to hear it missed it then... FWIW i think escaping an angle grinder with all your digits/limbs/bits intact and just having stitches is pretty much the best outcome possible. I'm very glad to hear it wasn't worse.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Wooooof. Glad to hear it missed it then... FWIW i think escaping an angle grinder with all your digits/limbs/bits intact and just having stitches is pretty much the best outcome possible. I'm very glad to hear it wasn't worse.
Thank you, and I agree... I hate grinders, but it’s my most used tool...

Reactions: Mekcanix

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Bought a CarPlay2 Bluetooth adapter to convert my wired Apple CarPlay into a wireless connection. For short trips it was inconvenient to plug in my phone all the time just so I can access my CarPlay menu.

82A6868E-0291-49E1-BB04-F2C5F855FB89.jpeg

Also got gas at Costco today for $2.85 for regular lol.

Attachments

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Booked an appointment at a nearby garage next week to get the catalytic converter gutted, hopefully that makes my car driveable again, if not, it will go to the scrapyard.

Leirbag

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Wilensky
Member #

@Spud.Built, I am looking for that same Dometic drawer fridge to put in a similar setup as yours. Good job on yours. One comment, though: the refrigerator needs to have space around it for ventilation, and you have it fairly tight in an enclosed area. It will possibly overheat (especially in the back where the compressor is) and it will likely reduce the lifespan of the fridge... Since it's probably too late to make the enclosure bigger, I suggest you drill lots of holes on the side walls to make them look like a colander :). This will provide some airflow capability, but will also make your wood frame lighter which has many other benefits.

Remington_Johnson

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Remington
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Spent the past weekend driving all the go to trails in Sedona then up Flagstaff for camping. Also got to test out my new woods Canada A-frame tent. Ole girl made it through ever obstacle without fail.

Attachments

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
I missed an artery by less than a millimeter. I was very lucky
Same here. My wife originally told me an inch. When I talked to the surgeon that worked on my leg for a followup he said

"no not an inch a millimeter. When we pulled the wound apart to irrigate it your artery popped up at us. Any deeper and you would have cut that and your nerve bundle"

Tore the CJ transfer case down (Dana20) had to order a few parts that wont be here for a week or two. Ill start cleaning it up today but it was a big greaseball when i pulled it out.

I also replaced the XJs transfercase Output seal. Twice. First time i must have warped it a bit driving it in and it dumped a half quart of ATF in 20 miles. Pulled the extension housing and put the new one in using the press. Much better. Good thing its a 30 minute job including finding tools my wife moved

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Same here. My wife originally told me an inch. When I talked to the surgeon that worked on my leg for a followup he said

"no not an inch a millimeter. When we pulled the wound apart to irrigate it your artery popped up at us. Any deeper and you would have cut that and your nerve bundle"

Tore the CJ transfer case down (Dana20) had to order a few parts that wont be here for a week or two. Ill start cleaning it up today but it was a big greaseball when i pulled it out.

I also replaced the XJs transfercase Output seal. Twice. First time i must have warped it a bit driving it in and it dumped a half quart of ATF in 20 miles. Pulled the extension housing and put the new one in using the press. Much better. Good thing its a 30 minute job including finding tools my wife moved

They saw my artery before even irrigating the wound . They were worried about The nerve bundles as well, but I missed those by a long ways... I’m surprised at how little pain I’m in... just a lot of itching and burning on the end of my lips.

How has your leg healed up?

Dana18’s and 20’s are so much fun to rebuild. I miss the simplicity of them.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

Slow down Joshua, your going to have a heart attack working so fast. :-)

• Haha
Reactions: Downs

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
They saw my artery before even irrigating the wound . They were worried about The nerve bundles as well, but I missed those by a long ways... I’m surprised at how little pain I’m in... just a lot of itching and burning on the end of my lips.

How has your leg healed up?

Dana18’s and 20’s are so much fun to rebuild. I miss the simplicity of them.
I feel like my NP231 in the XJ is a lot less complex haha.

Leg is mostly fine. Going to have a cool scar haha. I was off the pain meds in about 72 hours. I was on antibiotics for longer. I never had much itching or burning Keep close eye out for infection. They pumped me up with a bunch of IV antibiotics at the hospital then I was on orals for 10 days.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I feel like my NP231 in the XJ is a lot less complex haha.

Leg is mostly fine. Going to have a cool scar haha. I was off the pain meds in about 72 hours. I was on antibiotics for longer. I never had much itching or burning Keep close eye out for infection. They pumped me up with a bunch of IV antibiotics at the hospital then I was on orals for 10 days.
I’m keeping an eye out for infection. The itching is from my mustache playing with the stitches I think.. burning feels like salt on chapped lips.

ryancarman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pakenham, ON, Canada
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Carman
Member #

New serpentine belt, new idler pulley. The last pulley took a dump 142km from home... 142km from home after a 9000km trip.

It wasn’t ideal to get stranded so close, but it was better than being stuck further than that!

Oh, and new sway bar end-links up front

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
New serpentine belt, new idler pulley. The last pulley took a dump 142km from home... 142km from home after a 9000km trip.

It wasn’t ideal to get stranded so close, but it was better than being stuck further than that!

Oh, and new sway bar end-links up front
How many miles do you have on your Disco ?
I'm asking so I will have some idea when to change my belt and idler. I checked them recently and mine looked new. Previous owner couldnt remember ever changing it out but he was that kind of guy who didn't pay attention and let others (dealership) do whatever they said needed to be done.
What year is your Disco ?