Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I kicked the transfer case to the ground... didn’t have the correct tools to pull it off, so a little prying and a subtle push with the legs and down she came... why am I even doing this any more... it’s going to be three days before I can get under there and try to pull the transmission.
That's the one thing I've never tried to do. I guess you couldnt find a shop that would let you get it in the air. I've done many tranny's on the ground and I know it's not fun. Could you have built yourself a ramp of sorts ?

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Fabbed a plate and spacers to mount my Rotopax units to my spare tire. Turned out well. Waiting on the spacers later today so I can fit it properly.

Bought an elbow to add to my 67Designs phone and tablet mounts so my tablet faces me better. Ordered last Thursday from Dallas (6 hour drive from me) and it was in stock. Still has not made it to the post office. "Its in the que to be shipped" says customer service. Either it was not in stock or they lack motivation. Its in stock, but not shipped 8 days later. A perfect example of needing to be more self sufficient and build my own junk!

Also waiting on a Lube Locker that was supposed to be in stock 10 days ago... but wasn't. Need to change dif fluid before my CO trip in two weeks. I hate waiting until the last minute to get stuff done.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
That's the one thing I've never tried to do. I guess you couldnt find a shop that would let you get it in the air. I've done many tranny's on the ground and I know it's not fun. Could you have built yourself a ramp of sorts ?
First, I had a shop lined up (old family friend and ex competitor who we would send stuff to when we were over booked) but he had to back out due to over booking...

Second, the ramp idea is how I’m going to get the transfer case back in..

Im going to go rent a transmission jack and an engine hoist here in a few minutes and pull it out myself... I think I should also pick me up a couple of pieces of 3/4” plywood to make a floor to work on... Otherwise I’m going to have a heck of a time getting it all torn apart.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
First, I had a shop lined up (old family friend and ex competitor who we would send stuff to when we were over booked) but he had to back out due to over booking...

Second, the ramp idea is how I’m going to get the transfer case back in..

Im going to go rent a transmission jack and an engine hoist here in a few minutes and pull it out myself... I think I should also pick me up a couple of pieces of 3/4” plywood to make a floor to work on... Otherwise I’m going to have a heck of a time getting it all torn apart.
A pair of harbor freight cheap saw horses, a couple of 2x4's for stiffeners with plywood makes a great work table and its portable too.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
A pair of harbor freight cheap saw horses, a couple of 2x4's for stiffeners with plywood makes a great work table and its portable too.
I rented a transmission jack and a engine hoist today, I should have driven an Hour and a half and just bought them.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Got the T150 transmission on the CJ5 built back up other than the mainshaft nut. Waiting on that to come in. Transfer case is going down next and I need to slam some U-joints in the rear driveshaft and next payday order up a tom woods front DS.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Well, it’s not what I did to the rig today but what the rig did to me, the Adventure Machine must have not liked getting tickled. I joined @Downs in the grinder club. 35 stitches to the face and 3 to the finger...
What the dickens happened Mike ??

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
What the dickens happened Mike ??
Grinder must have got pinched on the bolt head and kicked right back at me... I don’t know exactly... I haven’t gone back to try to figure out what happened, trying not to relive it yet...