Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda, Bay Area, CA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
H.
Member #

Well, after three months of waiting and calling and emailing I should finally have my winch by tomorrow (hopefully I didn’t just jinx it).
Then I get to wait on my Baja Design lights that fedex, naturally, lost.
I’m not having the best luck with orders of late :/
What kind of which did ya get?
Smittybilt X20 10k synthetic rope. I think they went out of stock right when I ordered them the dealer just let my order fall through the cracks and never followed up.

Sinocai

Rank IV

Member III

London, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Iaconis
Member #

Well, after three months of waiting and calling and emailing I should finally have my winch by tomorrow (hopefully I didn’t just jinx it).
Then I get to wait on my Baja Design lights that fedex, naturally, lost.
I’m not having the best luck with orders of late :/
What kind of which did ya get?
Smittybilt X20 10k synthetic rope. I think they went out of stock right when I ordered them the dealer just let my order fall through the cracks and never followed up.
Nice winch! Oh man drives me...i ordered a 270 awning from 2 different places cause they said it was in stock...when they were on the site but not in real life lol

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Funny you say winter....its 5 degrees C here in the Soo
It just started cooling down here in coastal Carolina area. It's been in low 80's for the last few days and I'm loving it! Just last week we were in low 90's with heat index of 110 so I'm more than ready for cooler whether!

Sinocai

Rank IV

Member III

London, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Iaconis
Member #

Funny you say winter....its 5 degrees C here in the Soo
It just started cooling down here in coastal Carolina area. It's been in low 80's for the last few days and I'm loving it! Just last week we were in low 90's with heat index of 110 so I'm more than ready for cooler whether!
Ya been seen the extreme heat you guys have
had and all the fires. Hopefully everyone is ok.

Reactions: JoelIII

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I purchased my Junkyard Motor, picked up another box full of parts from My good friends at NAPA, squirted some liquid wrench into my stubborn exhaust manifold bolts, ordered a new steering gear box pitman arm and new drive shafts. Tomorrow I will drop the transfer case and transmission, then time permitting, I will rent the tools to pull the engine.

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Thought about selling my hatchback for a simple reason.

It's useless as far as roadtrips are concerned, I have a bad back and after driving 2 hours in it, it takes up to a week for the pain to go away, but for daily driving it is ok, but there's not really a market for a "high hp" hatchback (it came with 125 hp when new, which was the most power available for that generation and model hatchback).

I willbegin saving up for a small suv or crossover once my car is fixed and working again.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I managed to get the exhaust manifold to y-pipe bolts out without breaking any... sprayed down the motor mount and transmission mount hardware with liquid wrench them called it a day...
I’m debating to pull the transmission and transfer case as a unit, or separate the case from the transmission before dropping the transmission. My dilemma stems from the transfer case shift lineage being attached to the transmission and transfer case in a hard to reach spot. The bolts are supper tight, so being mounted to the vehicle would make things easier in that aspect.

later today I will crawl back under and try to get the transfer case linkage loose, if not I’ll drop it as a unit and hit it with an impact Gun. Also planned for today is to remove the starter, all of the bellhousing bolts and the transmission cross member... if all goes as planned transmission and transfer case should be extracted by the end of the day. If I’m lucky, I might even have the engine out today as well. Just depends on how well the liquid wrench worked to free up these old bolts.

Shokgoblr

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

PA, USA
First Name
Shok
Last Name
Goblr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ihave1
I installed an aux fuse box & switch pod. I had to make a bracket to fit it in my cramped engine bay.
This is the cheapo Nirider fuse box and switch pod. It is absolutely easy plug & play. I will eventually be tying this box to a dual battery system with DC>DC charging.

Attachments

Jeepmedic46

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Orange, Ma
First Name
William
Last Name
Domey
Member #

Was supposed to have a Rough Country Track bar and drag link but they were unable to do the installation because they couldn’t ream out the ball joints. Next time I’ll read what you need and not depend on the shop to have it.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I kicked the transfer case to the ground... didn’t have the correct tools to pull it off, so a little prying and a subtle push with the legs and down she came... why am I even doing this any more... it’s going to be three days before I can get under there and try to pull the transmission.

kwill

Rank II

Enthusiast III

TX
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Williams
Be nice to see how you did it or a good description. Looks like a good place for things in the rear section needing power.
I have a Toyota Tacoma and they have an inverter in the center console that drives a 110V outlet in the bed. There is a small company that sells a plug and play wiring harness to tap the inverter for the 110V outlet in the cab. I bought a desk version of an outlet that has the 2 USB plugs built in. For the 12V socket (which powers my refrigerator) I ran new wire through the console and dash directly to my auxiliary fuse box under the hood. Here's a link to the wiring harness for the 110V: IN-CAB AC POWER OUTLET | KTJO 4x4 RAINIER, OREGON 97048 Our products are intended for Off-Road use only.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I kicked the transfer case to the ground... didn’t have the correct tools to pull it off, so a little prying and a subtle push with the legs and down she came... why am I even doing this any more... it’s going to be three days before I can get under there and try to pull the transmission.
I have a Toyota Tacoma and they have an inverter in the center console that drives a 110V outlet in the bed. There is a small company that sells a plug and play wiring harness to tap the inverter for the 110V outlet in the cab. I bought a desk version of an outlet that has the 2 USB plugs built in. For the 12V socket (which powers my refrigerator) I ran new wire through the console and dash directly to my auxiliary fuse box under the hood. Here's a link to the wiring harness for the 110V: IN-CAB AC POWER OUTLET | KTJO 4x4 RAINIER, OREGON 97048 Our products are intended for Off-Road use only.
Thank you