Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
This morning I got up cause the dogs wouldnt stop barking and decied to go clean up my center console secondary radio spot install. I routed the SAE connector in and slapped a grommet on it, this will power up any of my radios. Then put all the APRS stuff in there and Routed all the cabling for that and stowed it behind the rear support for the console.

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wewoka, Seminole County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

Yo
This morning I got up cause the dogs wouldnt stop barking and decied to go clean up my center console secondary radio spot install. I routed the SAE connector in and slapped a grommet on it, this will power up any of my radios. Then put all the APRS stuff in there and Routed all the cabling for that and stowed it behind the rear support for the console.

Your console looks much better organized than mine.... lol

Reactions: Broke and DaleRF

Brett L.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
LaForest
Member #

I got my Expedition Essentials T4RPAM installed today. It made me realize how much I suck at installing sh** like this. Thing ended up crooked so I had to drill new holes. I live by the old adage measure once, drill twice. (WTF?!?) Lost two nylocks forcing me to drive to home depot with my dash torn apart to buy replacements. I should have just joined my neighbors that started drinking at 6:30 this morning!
IMG_20200530_103139.jpg

Last edited:

Kilo_17

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sedro-Woolley, WA, USA
First Name
Miles
Last Name
Bergevin
Member #

I got my Expedition Essentials T4RPAM installed today. It made me realize how much I suck at installing sh** like this. Thing ended up crooked so I had to drill new holes. I live by the old adage measure once, drill twice. (WTF?!?) Lost two nylocks forcing me to drive to home depot with my dash torn apart to buy replacements. I should have just joined my neighbors that started drinking at 6:30 this morning!
View attachment 156459
Looks like it turned out good though lol.

So where did you get that trim piece around your head unit??
Also did the pioneer link up nicely to the oem features??

Reactions: Broke and Brett L.

Brett L.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
LaForest
Member #

Looks like it turned out good though lol.

So where did you get that trim piece around your head unit??
Also did the pioneer link up nicely to the oem features??
Thanks. It's not too bad. None of the additional holes show so it's all good.

The trim piece is from Metra. You can also buy a kit from Scosche but I don't believe they have that piece in black. It was part of the package from the audio shop. I was able to retain most, if not all, of my steering wheel functions with the Pioneer unit. There was an adapter that needed to be installed to interface with the new HU. You can even take it a bit further and add a Maestro iDatalink and display a bunch of OBD data on the Pioneer. I went the cheaper route and used an old tablet and a ScanTool OBDLink LX. I am really happy with the system overall and it definitely sounds better than stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: Broke

510Steve

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Leandro, California, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
YSL
Member #

Welp, after about 4 or so hours and about that many beers, she's on and sagging the front end about a half inch.
It was a pretty straightforward install. I would highly suggest SSO to anyone as their fabrication is really high quality.

Attachments

Brett L.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
LaForest
Member #

Welp, after about 4 or so hours and about that many beers, she's on and sagging the front end about a half inch.
It was a pretty straightforward install. I would highly suggest SSO to anyone as their fabrication is really high quality.
Very nice! Looks like you performed an off-road test!

Reactions: Broke and 510Steve

Kilo_17

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sedro-Woolley, WA, USA
First Name
Miles
Last Name
Bergevin
Member #

@Brett L. This is why I asked about the trim piece haha
20200530_154434.jpg
This was from one of those cheap oil car scents that clip into your vents.... apparently if it leaks it will eat/melt your shit :frowning:

Scott_Milk

Rank IV
Launch Member

Explorer I

Rotorua, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Kelley
Member #

I've been working on a topper for my tundra. Was looking into buying a new topper but the only one in town is leer and they quoted me $1700 - $1900 which is much more than I was expecting and can afford right now. So instead my engineer and fabrication mind kicked into action and designed one in my CAD program. I've built a good portion of it already but am stuck trying to source thelexan I wanted to use and some parts from Amazon are taking a long time to be shipped.

Attachments

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Tried to replace the front left axle seal on my lady's trailblazer today. No fun on a gravel driveway. Hate to say it, I have to punt. No matter what I tried I could not get the cv joint to release and pop out. Even rented a crowd foot and tried to slide hammer it off. No dice. And strangely 4 interruptions due to sudden rain downpours. So now a mechanic can do it on a rack while I recover.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS

Poor Life Choices

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Lakemont, Bellevue, Washington, USA
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Suszynski
Member #

Factor 55 pro link install, should have took couple minutes. Couldnt find my e clip pliars so i figured id wing it with a pair of picks. Proceeded to launch it into the abyss and spent the next hour of my day driving around looking for a replacement because i couldn't be bothered to pay online prices and shipping.