Hastings, MN, USA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZAU
How do you have that antenna installed? 2m/70cm?
That little antenna is the included one with the GMRS Midland MXT275. It is a magnet base. I ordered a replacement antenna for that and one for the Yaesu which will be on fender brackets.

Reactions: WJ - Firefly

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Quarantine Jailbreak #1-
Was supposed to be starting the White Rim Road today on my bucket list Utah trip.... but of course that got cancelled.
This weekend I was blessed and on Friday received an invitation to camp the weekend on a private ranch with small group. Only 15 miles from home!
So was able to test the WJ cooling mod, load and test the roof rack mounting setup, try out the new Kodiac Tent, and exercise the rig on actual dirt and green grass.
Ok so it was a camping trip, but a glorious one!
Activities included a little 2nd amendment celebration, a little RC rock crawling fun, campfire cooked meals, fantastic views and sunset overlooking our home town below, and relaxing in the great outdoors!

1.jpg 2.jpg
3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg19453.jpeg8.jpg
9.jpg10.jpg19451.jpeg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg

Last edited:

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Finally added an Expedition One rear bumper. Sadly I need to try to find new brackets for the backup sensors. That also means having to pull the bumper off to put them in place. If I do that I will likely put the 7 pin in the bumper vs behind it.

020120203 1.jpg

020120202 5.jpg

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Finally added an Expedition One rear bumper. Sadly I need to try to find new brackets for the backup sensors. That also means having to pull the bumper off to put them in place. If I do that I will likely put the 7 pin in the bumper vs behind it.

View attachment 151356

View attachment 151357
Looking good! Now to fill those holes with some nice lights! :)

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Looking good! Now to fill those holes with some nice lights! :)
Empty beer can holders just like the front for now. I don't really have a need for the extra lights. Especially since I pull a trailer.

Reactions: RoarinRow

SSG ALLHANDS

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Valley falls,ny
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Tanner
Member #

Service Branch
Navy/ army 26yrs

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

Hankering for some pizza from Cafe Rio in Ruidoso. I decided to take the long way around and ingress from the north (they’ll never expect that direction!). Checked out the Picacho Road section of the Enchanted Rockies Trail, the Billy the Kid jail in Lincoln, the Baca Campsite, and the Capitan Pass view. The large pie was standard: excellent.
Midpoint on the Picacho Rd section:
4BB7F6C0-AA67-400A-AB17-202AAAAA9D8F.jpeg
C57578D3-4294-4525-87D4-6A5489BA0CAD.jpeg
Capitan Pass looking north from US 380 just east of Capitan, NM:
D9F98E00-4794-4870-9371-E36993A6C422.jpeg

Attachments

SSG ALLHANDS

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Valley falls,ny
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Tanner
Member #

Service Branch
Navy/ army 26yrs
Hankering for some pizza from Cafe Rio in Ruidoso. I decided to take the long way around and ingress from the north (they’ll never expect that direction!). Checked out the Picacho Road section of the Enchanted Rockies Trail, the Billy the Kid jail in Lincoln, the Baca Campsite, and the Capitan Pass view. The large pie was standard: excellent.
Midpoint on the Picacho Rd section:
View attachment 151388
View attachment 151387
Capitan Pass looking north from US 380 just east of Capitan, NM:
View attachment 151390
Wow looks awesome,I would like to wheel there

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Did some battery wire cleanup. I will redo it again once my battery isolator kit comes next week.

From a single post extension

IMG_4607.jpeg

To a 3 post extension. I'll definitely change the angle slightly on the negative post. In the picture it looks like it's pulling the negative wires a bit.

IMG_4613.jpeg

SSG ALLHANDS

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Valley falls,ny
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Tanner
Member #

Service Branch
Navy/ army 26yrs
Did some battery wire cleanup. I will redo it again once my battery isolator kit comes next week.

From a single post extension

View attachment 151425

To a 3 post extension. I'll definitely change the angle slightly on the negative post. In the picture it looks like it's pulling the negative wires a bit.

View attachment 151426
Need clean it up like mine

Attachments

Virginiawilderness

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vienna, Virginia
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Rachel and I installed a Shrockworks bumper on our 3rd Gen 4Runner. We wrapped up the install last night but got to take photos today. This is definitely the most intense mod we’ve attempted, but it was a really rewarding experience now that it’s done. Huge thanks to Shrockworks for getting this out during this COVID situation. I hope y’all are all safe and healthy.

We ordered this back in February ahead of a planned May-June trip to Arizona and Utah... which is now on hold. :/

Its a huge improvement over keeping the spare in the cargo space or on the roof rack. Up next is the Sherpa Equipment Co base plate and drawer we recieved a couple of weeks ago. Just waiting on the weather to break to tear into another install.

We also have a shiny new Tepui tent we’re waiting to install. We were thinking about getting the Front Runner quick disconnects that they make for the RTT. The reviews on them seem a little mixed on this and other boards... so we’ll think more about it.

57C01FF3-7DA7-4EEE-A683-3E7837FE2D88.jpeg

188C4DB8-8D10-424E-97D1-EE3EE9F0BA68.jpeg