SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Thank you for your comment, so far it seems to be fine and and I don't think it will be a problem in the future. I think the main reason I blow through so many links is they can't handle the 10 inches of wheel travel my rig has. When one wheel is down and one is up in the air it is just trying to rip them apart...
Totally!
Just be mindful that the sway bar also acts as a down travel limit so some limit straps might be a good idea to look into to keep the shocks from topping out suddenly. I dunno if the GMT900 trucks have hard stops or anything.

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
Totally!
Just be mindful that the sway bar also acts as a down travel limit so some limit straps might be a good idea to look into to keep the shocks from topping out suddenly. I dunno if the GMT900 trucks have hard stops or anything.
I will check that out but I believe they limit on the control arms.

Reactions: rho

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I went bouncing around in my Bronco today... I realize I need lockers in the rear at a minimum... would have saved me 10-20 minutes of time.

• Love
Reactions: Ubiety

Mountain Spirit Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Dubai United Arab Emirates
First Name
Simon
Last Name
Alderson
Member #

Today's job was a quick fitting of a Rail Blaza fileting table to the side of the Jeep. It is an easy clean study table that just leaves a couple of pods on the side of the Jeep known as Starports. Really pleased with how quick it is to put on and off. Designed for marine use, it will certainly hold up to overlanding use.

Attachments

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Since I'm waiting on my replacement axle shaft to show up I started on the wiring for the rear locker. I have to run two wires to the rear of the vehicle now and I'm waiting on my circuit breaker for the new aux fuse panel to arrive so I can power everything at that point.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Today's job was a quick fitting of a Rail Blaza fileting table to the side of the Jeep. It is an easy clean study table that just leaves a couple of pods on the side of the Jeep known as Starports. Really pleased with how quick it is to put on and off. Designed for marine use, it will certainly hold up to overlanding use.
Too cool!

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
pulled it out in the yard to give it a bath because ONE DAY it will be back out on the road! also got the parts in to fix the broken pivots on the batwing awning. nice awning, but the critical parts (pivot hinges) are cheap ass plastic and broke off with minimal wind load :rage: if this is a "bat-wing" awning, it must have been one really jacked up bat they copied it from!

IMG_0095.JPG

Last edited:

peeeeetey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harrisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Meuser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WREL270
Not all in one day, but so far this year ( I have been buying parts since September 19) I have a second battery, a new roof rack, 6 switch pod, scene lights on the roof rack , made a side awning, have the under lights ready to install (waiting on wire sheathing), a car mattress from 1" memory foam, dual volt meter, and are going to replace the defunct DVD player in the back ceiling with a 2000 watt inverter. A work in progress! All my stuff is DIY only because I am cheap!

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Not all in one day, but so far this year ( I have been buying parts since September 19) I have a second battery, a new roof rack, 6 switch pod, scene lights on the roof rack , made a side awning, have the under lights ready to install (waiting on wire sheathing), a car mattress from 1" memory foam, dual volt meter, and are going to replace the defunct DVD player in the back ceiling with a 2000 watt inverter. A work in progress! All my stuff is DIY only because I am cheap!
What is your rig?

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
2005 tahoe
order a second battery tray for a diesel pickup Sierra or Silverado I bought mine and it replaced the brace on the passenger side on the passenger side next to the firewall. I pais 28$.
I counldn't tell if it was a tahoe or not. Mine is 2011, and was equipped with dual batteries, plus a LOT of cabin power due to the police package.

Reactions: RoarinRow