Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wilmington, NC, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Vernon
Member #

I recently upgraded my starter/winch battery power supply with a Yellow Top Optima. I truly didn’t realize how poor the performance was on my old battery until I respooled my 12,000 lb winch w synthetic rope and man the speed! What an upgrade.

Attachments

Damien S.

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

West Sacramento, California, USA
First Name
Damien
Last Name
Sintes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6WGT
F150...made some templates for custom front bash plate, skid plates and gas tank skid plates. In December made and installed move front bumper, 12k winch, 6" lift, with 35" Milestar Patagonias, roof rack on back and rails on cab with lighting on both cab and rear roof rack. Also have electrical wiring panel in rear.

Attachments

Last edited:

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
I kept busting sway bar links they would last maybe 6 months. So, I decided to remove the sway bars again. I had them off once before but, I started getting a little shaking up front so I put them back on.

I have replaced all 4 control arms, new 35 inch tires and installed a set of custom King coil over shocks up front and decided to try again. So far the ride is noticeably smoother and hitting really big holes or bumps are much softer and more controlled. I can't wait to see what they feel like at 60 to 80 mph on desert roads.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
F150...made some templates for custom front bash plate, skid plates and gas tank skid plates. In December made and installed move front bumper, 12k winch, 6" lift, with 35" Milestar Patagonias
Where da pic's bro ?

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
I kept busting sway bar links they would last maybe 6 months. So, I decided to remove the sway bars again. I had them off once before but, I started getting a little shaking up front so I put them back on.

I have replaced all 4 control arms, new 35 inch tires and installed a set of custom King coil over shocks up front and decided to try again. So far the ride is noticeably smoother and hitting really big holes or bumps are much softer and more controlled. I can't wait to see what they feel like at 60 to 80 mph on desert roads.
We found our 2wd GMC to play fairly nice with no swaybars on the highway, I expect it to be even better when we do the coilovers in it, but we've been keeping a sway bar on it for general truckness.

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
We found our 2wd GMC to play fairly nice with no swaybars on the highway, I expect it to be even better when we do the coilovers in it, but we've been keeping a sway bar on it for general truckness.
Thank you for your comment, so far it seems to be fine and and I don't think it will be a problem in the future. I think the main reason I blow through so many links is they can't handle the 10 inches of wheel travel my rig has. When one wheel is down and one is up in the air it is just trying to rip them apart...