Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
I finished my rack light install, three sets of LED lights on the rack each needing positive and negative cable. I purchased a large spool of black and red wire and 1/2 heat shrink off amazon and made my own cable set. I marked the wires on both sides so I would keep the circuits correct. I then heat shrunk it to make a nice cable. Because of the size of the bundle, I couldn't conceal it under the windshield moldings so I ran it into the rear hatch area and took it through the frame. Came out good cant see the cables and I didn't compromise the vehicle with any extra holes.
light1.jpglight2.jpg

Last edited:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Reactions: Buckaroo and Sneaks

Sneaks

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Maine
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Swenson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1MUR
Nice! what lights are you running?
Thanks.
I hate to admit but they are $0.29 for a pair, cheap as hell, Ebay DLRs from China that I got as disposable lighting for an aquaponics proof of concept project. They lasted longer than I would have expected with the test (over a year in a high-humidity environment running 16 hrs on\8 off) so I had a ton of extras, decided I would use them for this. I used 3M HD mounting tape instead of the foam tape in the package.

dlr.JPG

Buckaroo

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Bramley, Rotherham, South Yorkshire Forest, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
CB Handle: Buckaroo, UK FM Ch.30
Nothing, nothing on my van at all. however:-
I did buy my wife a 20 year old VW T4 ( eurovan) 8 seat bus .....been cutting/grinding and welding in new metal for the past 4 days.
One previous owner .....I think he used it as a submarine.

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
Haven’t had a ton of time to work on the truck recently with work, house remodel, shelter I in Place stuff going on but I was able to put some new vinyl over my Original KC light covers.

you know sometimes you just gotta put a smile on your face.

Before and after pics attached.

Attachments

Buckaroo

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Bramley, Rotherham, South Yorkshire Forest, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
CB Handle: Buckaroo, UK FM Ch.30
It's nice to have a buddy for sure. Until I find another old goat like me I have to go solo and need the winch. Stay safe ! :-)
agree with the winch too for soloists ( is that a word?), also agree with synthetic rope over steel any time.

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wewoka, Seminole County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

Very nice work! Now go out and get some scratches on it!
I have most of it vinyl wrapped(all I like is roof/hatch/rear quarter panels). So far it’s holding up well against them! Took it through some brush a few weeks ago and you can’t even tell it!

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Fixed the under hood dome light. Detached, cleaned contacts, tightened bulb holder contacts, then reinstalled. Boom!

IMG_4560.jpeg

Used eraser from pencil to clean contacts. Little box on right is not attached to anything. It's a weighted design to make contact.

IMG_4561.jpeg

Also changed out bulb to LED.

IMG_4562.jpeg