Enthusiast III

Somerville, MA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Witkus
Member #

I like it, even the red lug nuts..... LOL
I recently added new larger tires to my LRD2 but I had to remove the valance and bumper below my lights for the tires to clear the front edge.
I also added a new off road bumper to clean up the frontal area for better egress. I dont rock climb as such but I want to be able to
get over the single item issues like logs or boulders in my path without hindrance. My tire size is 265/75/16 and 31.7" tall, by that
you know I wasn't trying to cram a Sherman tank under the fender.

I like my red lugs!!! lol

I have sliders I need to get put on...and need to order some skids...but other than that she's ready to go...It'll just be trails to get camping, no rock climbing...not that I know if we even have that up here...

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Yes, this our place, it's my in-laws...my wife grew up here and actually her mom did as well...built in the early 1900's...hasn't been used in years but the house is set up for gas lantern heat from the ceiling...

But we are in the city, no garage, driveway very steep and no real yard to speak of...

When the time comes though for the kids to sell it, my wife should get a pretty good payday...in my area this would easily sell for over a Mil...then maybe we get out of the city and get to the country...ideally we'd like to end up in Maine

View attachment 148051
View attachment 148052
I would never sell it myself. The gas lines in the ceiling were for gas lights not heating. Too bad that there is not a smaller older house next door that could be demolished and allow your family to add a nice triple garage in its place. That house is awesome and yes it would bring a million easily. The problem with houses of this size is upkeep. Is it listed with the historical society or in a historical district.

Oops, sorry OP, didn't intend to break thread with my personal interest inquiry.....

MeHere!

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Somerville, MA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Witkus
Member #

I would never sell it myself. The gas lines in the ceiling were for gas lights not heating. Too bad that there is not a smaller older house next door that could be demolished and allow your family to add a nice triple garage in its place. That house is awesome and yes it would bring a million easily. The problem with houses of this size is upkeep. Is it listed with the historical society or in a historical district.

Oops, sorry OP, didn't intend to break thread with my personal interest inquiry.....
Sorry as well...

They were actually meant for heat, a lot of house built in Boston had the gas heat lanterns...and they were only done on two of the three floors so the third floor would use the risen heat...in theory...to this day the third floor has no heat...my wife could live outside in the cold as that is where all the kids rooms were, I'm the same except mine is from year round boat living in New England

I took some more curves measurements on the headliner, close to mock up for overhead console...fingers crossed for a Home Depot run this weekend

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I didn't think in the beginning I would need something like this. As I have accumulated "things" I've changed my mind especially for the longer trips where you need the space inside or for things that are too heavy to put on the roof. Thank you very much for your reply, It is appreciated.
Lanlubber
You're very welcome. It does come in extremely handy.

Tex.Proud

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Huntsville, TX, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Gills
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K4TXN
Service Branch
Army Veteran
I've done a good bit off road with the rig. All sorts of different obstacles and terrain. I'm quite accomplished and experienced as I see it.

This morning I couldn't get 'er to go for Groceries! :tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink: The Irony!!!!!

Had a bad battery. Replaced by Toyota Care Warranty.

bgr1.jpg