Launch Member

Member III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

where'd you get the seat cover? I like the style....
They are definitely $26 seat covers. They are okay.. only okay.
No option to get to the back or seat side pockets, either.

Probably would not recommend.

Attachments

FJTalon

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Vaughn
Last Name
Price
Member #

Installed the Hella horns I bought a year ago finally. YouTube really helped until nothing happened when everything was done. had to do some googling and found out the the attaching point is not a ground for these horns unlike the supertones. Now all is well and they are loud.

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
Where are you hiding your wiring. How do you get the wiring to a switch inside ? Ypu did a nice clean install.
The wiring is not 100 complete but it will run on the innerside of the rack then into the H2 roof channel for the roof crossovers from there it will run down the left windshield molding to the light junction box. Instead of rocker switches, I'm using an 8 gang switch panel mounted in the vehicle, currently, I have the front bar connected to it and it is a great little unit.

H2 light_.jpg

Always trying to make my builds sleaker and better

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
The wiring is not 100 complete but it will run on the innerside of the rack then into the H2 roof channel for the roof crossovers from there it will run down the left windshield molding to the light junction box. Instead of rocker switches, I'm using an 8 gang switch panel mounted in the vehicle, currently, I have the front bar connected to it and it is a great little unit.

View attachment 147704

Always trying to make my builds sleaker and better
I like the switch panel. Where did you mount it ? Will the wires be inside the rack rail tubing or just attached to the inside of the rail ?

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Finally swapped the valve covers yesterday. It is a not-fun job on a 4.7L Jeep WJ. I guess I didn't take an after pic, other than these to show what the issue was:
IMG_20200405_193821.jpg
IMG_20200405_193825.jpg
That's a machinist's straight-edge with light behind to show the gaps.

Also installed my little hand-held Rugged radio and a phone mount using Panavise mounts. I know most people go with more serious comms, but for my group I think this will do well (along with an inReach device for emergencies). We're not running 20-30+ vehicles where you end up miles and miles apart (typically it's 2-4 vehicles) and we have the same type of radios (granted, higher-powered hard-mounted units) in our SxSs and other toys so I can keep in touch with them, or use the radio on "toy trips."

IMG_20200405_155107.jpg

-TJ

Last edited:

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
I like the switch panel. Where did you mount it ? Will the wires be inside the rack rail tubing or just attached to the inside of the rail ?
I mounted it on dash area left of my instrument cluster, I will get a picture of it once I get home from work. As for the wires I will be using Delphi weather connectors with the wires sealed in heat-shrink tubing, the wires will run on the inside of the rail.

MeHere!

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Somerville, MA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Witkus
Member #

Inventory...

Making sure I have everything needed to start putting accessories in, have Dual Battery, OBA, 50" LED, 20" LED, 2 LED Pods, Power Inverter, two back up cams...one to be set as a front end low cam for parking, rear/front cam mirror

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I mounted it on dash area left of my instrument cluster, I will get a picture of it once I get home from work. As for the wires I will be using Delphi weather connectors with the wires sealed in heat-shrink tubing, the wires will run on the inside of the rail.
Thanks, it's hard not to be able to meet up with other OB guy and eye ball these things first hand. I'm in build process and lack a lot of DIY knowledge for this sort of thing. I don't like the hit and miss process. I like to do it once and do it right when possible. I'm not the brightest star in the sky when it comes to
electronics on vehicles.

You said you use an H2 in the wiring. Is that the devise where you can drill a hole in the roof with water proof connectors, similar to a solar hook up ?