Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Since I added the ditch lights I have since had to find another solution for my stock antenna as well as CB antenna that was on both sides of the hood. I already bought and installed the shorty antenna for the radio. Today I installed a ditch light extension, then added my CB antenna to it. In this position and when the hood is fully extended the antenna does not touch any part of the vehicle, which is great.

As far as highway stability I still have to take a drive when this whole shelter in is done. I'm a little concerned that I might catch branches on the trail or mall so we'll have to see. Reception will has to be adjusted. Will need an open space to re-test SWR tuning.

IMG_4509.jpeg

IMG_4510.jpeg

If this solution does not work I do have a hood channel CB mount standing by. It does require drilling though. Not a fan of that lol.

Last edited:

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Went snow wheeling with @Magic Mike just up the road from my house. He just upgraded from 33s to 35s on his 4Runner and the track we were on is usually ran by people with 35s so needless to say I was the one getting winched.... A few times. What's not pictured are the few uphill deeply rutted sections that required 2nd gear low tached out at 6k to bronco my way up.

20200326_120537.jpg
Screenshot_20200327-125644_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20200326-173237_Instagram.jpg
20200326_120347.jpg

The next day I picked up a couple yards of garden mix for our new raised bed. Thankfully it only takes 15min or so to remove the RTT and bed rack. 20200327_113523.jpg

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Went snow wheeling with @Magic Mike just up the road from my house. He just upgraded from 33s to 35s on his 4Runner and the track we were on is usually ran by people with 35s so needless to say I was the one getting winched.... A few times. What's not pictured are the few uphill deeply rutted sections that required 2nd gear low tached out at 6k to bronco my way up.

View attachment 146724
View attachment 146725
View attachment 146726
View attachment 146732

The next day I picked up a couple yards of garden mix for our new raised bed. Thankfully it only takes 15min or so to remove the RTT and bed rack. View attachment 146735
All in a days work.

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Waiting on a replacement radiator for the WJ, so mostly yard work between rain showers this weekend. Decided I had the time and since I'm not eating out or driving anywhere, I can afford to fix the leaky drain valve right. But did decide to see what electric door lock pin config is on the Tahoe- 7 pin. Now I can order the right one. This one is going to be fun, not so easy for my paws to get to. Passenger electric door lock has been inop for maybe 5 years now..... I guess its time!

P_20200329_161217.jpg

SSG ALLHANDS

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Valley falls,ny
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Tanner
Member #

Service Branch
Navy/ army 26yrs

WAYAWAY

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

where'd you get the seat cover? I like the style....
On Amazon (if the link doesn't work.. they are called "
4 Pc Universal Baja Inca Saddle Mexican Blanket Front Seat Covers Pair Low Back"

If you wanna wait on picking them up.. I'll be putting them in this week. I'll post some pix and let you guys know if they are nice or not. They are el cheepos, so I'm hoping that they are at least "okay".

GEARS

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cincinnati
First Name
Mr
Last Name
Fabulous
Member #

Hello all, here are some pics of the project I completed this past weekend. There isnt much free space under the hood of a 4runner so Im having to get creative. I used a piece of 1/2" hex bar stock and a small piece of aluminum plate. It was a cheap and easy (if you have a lathe) project. I just replaced the bolt by the red arrow with the part I made and used the factory bolt on top of the plate.

Attachments

WAYAWAY

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

Hello all, here are some pics of the project I completed this past weekend. There isnt much free space under the hood of a 4runner so Im having to get creative. I used a piece of 1/2" hex bar stock and a small piece of aluminum plate. It was a cheap and easy (if you have a lathe) project. I just replaced the bolt by the red arrow with the part I made and used the factory bolt on top of the plate.
elegant solution, I like it.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I did some measuring to order some body panels for my ultra4 buggy. Alot of thinking. Also Gonna order some new taller shocks for the front of my colorado to compensate for more weight up front after i installed my winch bumper, my 33s are rubbing fenders on uphill turns.

Reactions: roots66 and JCWages

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Today, "The Beast" & I picked up 15,000 pieces of foam strips that will be used by a small group of volunteers to make medical grade protective face shields for local hospitals, nursing homes and home health care workers who have none, or are running critically short.
IMG_4883.JPGIMG_4882.JPG