Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Did my weekly PMCS on the Jeep and found my coolant recovery tank had a small leak towards the bottom. Pulled the tank and inspected it and found the previous owner had fixed a leak with RTV sealant and that fix has failed. Ordered up a new one for 18 dollars should be here next week. Went ahead and vacuumed out the interior and wiped everything down with cleaner and called it good for the day.

Captstout

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Utah, USA
First Name
Dallas
Last Name
Ray
Member #

20191102_150615.jpg
20191102_145139.jpg
20191102_145932.jpg
Took a little rode up to the top of a Lil mountain here close to home. We didn't camp but we took some take out and reheated. I spent the afternoon looking around the valley.

This sits in the middle of a valley. It is amazing.

A bit of snow and mud (some ice). But easy as pie.

Happy weekend.

No bad days

mountainrecce

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, CO 80920, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Edwards
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0VGV
Installed 4” bumper LED lights, installed inline SAE switch for compressor, installed SAE Y, installed new washer nozzle (broke original working on compressor wiring), installed two downstream oxygen sensors, built a tailgate table...took one of the pups for a couple rides.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Today... Well I accidentally open the rear sunroof on the Disco. The problem is, they don't work. Literally paid less for the Rover because neither one work, lol. Spent quite some time getting the motor freed up so it would turn by hand and close the thing. LOL
I also removed the rear Muffler because it was collapsed inside and rattling. Amazingly it's still very quiet.
You done good ! You don't need the rear muffler, should sound better without it. I replaced my front right and left window regulators Friday. It's Nice to have operatable windows ! Now to find out why I dont have stop lights ! All fuses are good and all bulbs are good ???

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
No pics, but I’ve tracked down the full extent of the 125 amp cabin power feeder that was cut when my rig was “demilled”. The hacking wasn’t as bad as I imagined and I have all the needed parts to restore it when I want to power a frig or more.

next up is to finish tracking down the rest of the small 60 amp feed.

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

Installed a Morryde Tailgate Reinforcement this weekend. Had to drill out & cold chisel the rear pax seatbelt bolt, that was fun (a chunk of steel anchors the upper inside hinge bolts to one of the roll bar torx bolts). All previous bare metal prepped & painted prior after removing oe hinges. New Rock Hard 4x4 rear bumper ordered after discovering the swing shaft prevents full door swing (rather not cut/destroy it in case someone local wants to buy the bumper & tire carrier). The single sock is to prevent damaging the powder coat while climbing in & out working on the inside festivities.
3011D84A-A0CA-47F7-9F83-54CE83A2D5E9.jpeg
The Reinforcement is beefy, not worried about hanging 2x3gal Rotopax and trasharoo on the spare tire! Spare tire is secure after adjusting the snubbers.
The Fox front adjustable reservoir shocks and steering damper on the floor are next...

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force

kkriewald

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Kurtis
Last Name
Kriewald
Member #

You done good ! You don't need the rear muffler, should sound better without it. I replaced my front right and left window regulators Friday. It's Nice to have operatable windows ! Now to find out why I dont have stop lights ! All fuses are good and all bulbs are good ???
Thanks. The big problem was I was at work, used my lunch and break times to get the sunroof closed. I will eventually want to find some new sunroof motors. But for now I just want them closed.
I agree about the rear Muffler, it sounds good and is still very quiet.

Good luck with the lights. Wish I could help.

kkriewald

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Kurtis
Last Name
Kriewald
Member #

Not exactly too my rig, more like rig adjacent. I finished a workbench project that I've been working on. Got all of my excess camping gear put into storage. Then began preparing to install the winch on my wife's Jku.

stewartsj

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

503 S Pecan St, Tomball, TX, USA
First Name
Sandra
Last Name
Stewart
Member #

Thought I would contribute and give you guys a good chuckle. I’m a girl - an older girl - and bought a 2019 4-Runner Off Road. LUV it. Took it to s 4x4 Park and had s blast using all its abilities. Realized when looking at the original sticker it came with skid plates as standard gear - but I didn’t see any. I was thinking of the kind that wrap up to the bumper / that you can see. So I took it back to the dealership wanting to know where my skid plates were. Well I discovered it’s a single plate bolted to the frame and isn’t visible from the front (even though it’s lifted). Learn something new every day

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Thought I would contribute and give you guys a good chuckle. I’m a girl - an older girl - and bought a 2019 4-Runner Off Road. LUV it. Took it to s 4x4 Park and had s blast using all its abilities. Realized when looking at the original sticker it came with skid plates as standard gear - but I didn’t see any. I was thinking of the kind that wrap up to the bumper / that you can see. So I took it back to the dealership wanting to know where my skid plates were. Well I discovered it’s a single plate bolted to the frame and isn’t visible from the front (even though it’s lifted). Learn something new every day
Mine aren’t readily visible either. Until you drop a flashlight or tool under the hood, and it doesn’t come out the bottom.