Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Carmichael, CA, USA
First Name
Calvin
Last Name
cook
Member #

hello everyone just got this roof rack wanted some others opinion on what you think should i keep it or ditch it i just installed it this morning drove it i around town, not much noise on the freeway it whistles pretty good or should i just use it when on trips thanks everyone have a great day and a wonderful weekend

Attachments

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

hello everyone just got this roof rack wanted some others opinion on what you think should i keep it or ditch it i just installed it this morning drove it i around town, not much noise on the freeway it whistles pretty good or should i just use it when on trips thanks everyone have a great day and a wonderful weekend
If it is your daily driver, let gas mileage decide for you. On the freeway at 70, with anything on the roof, I'm down 1.5 mpg. So for me nothing on the roof unless needed for a trip.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

muddybuddy.jpg
I learned some valuable lessons with my rig today (from 2am to 6am). When buddy posts an SOS on the facebook group asking for a tow and says "I just need a tow up a little hill to get out" the questions you must ask are "send me pics of the hill, and how deep in are you?." I got the perception that he was near the entrance to the off-roading area and needed a tow up the embankment just to get to the main road. NOPE.

Several hours later, after wandering around with two other guys, fording massive mud puddles up to my door sills, splashing through a bog hole that went over my hood and pulling the panic "when in doubt, throttle out" and thankfully making it, getting high centered very briefly in some very deep mud ruts, we discovered that he was like 6 kms into the bush at the base of a 45 degree plus hill with a huge root ball in the middle of it lol. I wasn't able to help much for the recovery, unfortunately, but I suggested the daisy chain of 3 rigs that pulled him out, so I guess that's something.

I also learned that my V can make it through a heck of a lot of nasty mud and deep puddles with little to no drama, so there's that too.

rsweet

Rank V

Member III

Huntington Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Sweet
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IHR
Just added two 12v outlets to power Alu-Cab tent and a dometic refrigerator. Hopefully I wired everything correctly :) All works and voltage is correct.IMG_6146.jpeg

Attachments

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

View attachment 122860
I learned some valuable lessons with my rig today (from 2am to 6am). When buddy posts an SOS on the facebook group asking for a tow and says "I just need a tow up a little hill to get out" the questions you must ask are "send me pics of the hill, and how deep in are you?." I got the perception that he was near the entrance to the off-roading area and needed a tow up the embankment just to get to the main road. NOPE.

Several hours later, after wandering around with two other guys, fording massive mud puddles up to my door sills, splashing through a bog hole that went over my hood and pulling the panic "when in doubt, throttle out" and thankfully making it, getting high centered very briefly in some very deep mud ruts, we discovered that he was like 6 kms into the bush at the base of a 45 degree plus hill with a huge root ball in the middle of it lol. I wasn't able to help much for the recovery, unfortunately, but I suggested the daisy chain of 3 rigs that pulled him out, so I guess that's something.

I also learned that my V can make it through a heck of a lot of nasty mud and deep puddles with little to no drama, so there's that too.
Good on you CR! Vance.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Had a local shop install an Add a Leaf to address my sag. I don’t notice any difference in ride. I didn’t want to go the air bag route due to cost and having to mentally think about another thing to adjust.
IMG_3609.JPG
IMG_3612.JPG

Height from ground to wheel well is about 45 1/2” front and 45 3/4 back.

For $188 including parts and labor I’m happy with the results.

Last edited: