Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vienna, Virginia
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Harris
Member #

During a pre trip inspection, Rachel and I got word that our truck probably has a bad (or going bad) head gasket... in the market for our next truck. :(

Reactions: roots66

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I bought another one because I'm spe-shul. Minor detail on the outside, removed the old man pin-stripes and giant 4x4 stickers:

received_2325091454470283.jpeg

Before and after:
received_1311777532337929.jpeg

It already has a 2" budget boost, new motor (it's a 2004 Overland, so it's the 4.7 HO), new rad/belts/hoses, new brakes, new tires, AC service etc. It's mostly meant to be my girlfriends for the cleaning business she's starting... but I'm sure I'll tinker with it a bit so we have 2 Overland-capable rigs in the family. That way if we decide to go on a trip that other people can't make we can take both WJs and not go out "alone" with only 1 vehicle... at least that's what I'll tell myself when I build it.

-TJ

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
XJ popped a check engine light on the way into work at 200,030 miles. Idle Air Controller Fault. Replaced IAC from my spares shelf when I got home this morning and all is well. Went ahead and threw the new OEM transmission mount on as well to replace the unit I bought from NAPA. It was double the cost but the original lasted 180k miles and the NAPA mount was already ripping after a hair over 10,000 miles.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I haven't seen the Fuelpax before, more reasonably priced version of Rotopax?

-TJ
Yes same company, less expensive line, yet more capacity cans that similarly made RotoPax, oh but lower warranty. 5 compared to 10 years something like that. I wanted to carry less cans with slightly more capacity.

OffroadRn

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corpus Christi, TX, USA
First Name
Clint
Last Name
Boatman
Member #

Drilled in to my brand new dash, with much hesitation from my wife to install dual ram mount set up. Used a 1" ball as the base with an arm and ram X mount. Using driver side for iPhone and passenger side for iPad GPS set up.

Attachments

Reactions: RoarinRow

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
During a pre trip inspection, Rachel and I got word that our truck probably has a bad (or going bad) head gasket... in the market for our next truck. :(
Why dont you just have it fixed. It's a whole lot cheaper and you dont have to start all over again ? A blown head gasket is not uncommom on any engine.

Reactions: Virginiawilderness
I replaced the radiator in my 2008 Jeep JK. Never done that before but it wasn’t too difficult at all. YouTube had lots of great step by step videos. It looked like it might be $200-300 in labor to have it done, so what might have been a $400-500 bill, I got done on my own for just around $200. And I got it done in 1 day instead of having to schedule an appointment, drop it off, wait for them to get to it, and then pick it back up. And now I know how to replace a radiator! lol My Jeep also has 2 12 volt cigarette lighter outlets in the dash. I changed 1 of those out today with a unit that has 2 USB ports. Not a major install, but a convenient little upgrade.

Patriot

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

I replaced the radiator in my 2008 Jeep JK. Never done that before but it wasn’t too difficult at all. YouTube had lots of great step by step videos. It looked like it might be $200-300 in labor to have it done, so what might have been a $400-500 bill, I got done on my own for just around $200. And I got it done in 1 day instead of having to schedule an appointment, drop it off, wait for them to get to it, and then pick it back up. And now I know how to replace a radiator! lol My Jeep also has 2 12 volt cigarette lighter outlets in the dash. I changed 1 of those out today with a unit that has 2 USB ports. Not a major install, but a convenient little upgrade.
Very cool...and you know it has been done with care each step of the way! Nice job!