What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

CROwarrior21m

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Phoenix, Arizona
Member #

I removed the dash cam to get it swapped for a different one. I also picked up the center console box for the Tacoma. I plan on drilling into the current one installed (original), so this is the backup in case I was to sell the rig, then everything can come out and good as new. Or if I mess up hard enough, I have a backup.

Reactions: Boort

RyuKyuRvr

Rank V

Enthusiast III

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Makinson
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Yesterday was remove the doors and remount the mirrors so I can use my old trail truck for forestry and trail repairs in Colville National Forest

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

John~SWNM

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Holloway
Member #

And last week I dumped the factory rear springs with helper-springs for a set of All-Pro Offroad Expedition series 3' lift springs, their U-bolt flip kit and a set of Bilstein 5125 Shocks to match the front.

Attachments

Last edited:

HawkH3Alpha

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denton, TX, USA
Member #

Tell me more, how many bottles did it take, air pressure how many coats?
Looks great!
The product I used was custom coat coyote brown T97 liner from amazon. I purchased the kit with 8 bottles and tint. The kit instructions calls for 40 to 60psi. Unfortunately the compressor I was using didn’t have a pressure regulator and was putting out 110lbs. The good news is that the gun that comes with the kit has a regulator built in. I adjusted the gun by sampling on the plastic drape I had hung up for over spray until I was happy with the coverage results. I didn’t have to mess with the adjustment for the rest of the project . 8 bottles gave me full coverage with a full base coat and then three touch up coats spayed on every 30 min apart from each other. The longest part of the project was peeping the vehicle. I’m sure glad my brother was there to help me. Total prep time was 5 hours. Spray time took me approx 1.5 hours with 30 min in between coats. Lesson learned , take off all Window rubber molding, don’t try to tape off the line. Use only professional car painting tape. Lastly let the car dry more the 24 hours before you take the tape off. I pulled off some of the liner where the tape line is at. I will have to go back and touch up the areas now. Oh last thing make sure you use a sanding pad to scruff up the paint and wash down the body before you spray. Let dry throughly . Over all I’m very happy with the results. The liner covered up all the hail dents I had as well as the mix matched door that I swapped out and the faded out fenders. Now its time for a little touch up and then the roof rack goes back on and the RTT until summer.

Paladin2020

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Crawfordville, FL
First Name
David
Last Name
Allen
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
Latest Mods and upgrades. Removed rear seat to make room, made a deck with anchor points added a Smittybilt safari rack over cab and fabricated mounting bracket for the maxtrax. I'm getting ready to head out to the Overland Expo West this week.

Attachments

DRLExpress

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Estacada OR
Member #

The product I used was custom coat coyote brown T97 liner from amazon. I purchased the kit with 8 bottles and tint. The kit instructions calls for 40 to 60psi. Unfortunately the compressor I was using didn’t have a pressure regulator and was putting out 110lbs. The good news is that the gun that comes with the kit has a regulator built in. I adjusted the gun by sampling on the plastic drape I had hung up for over spray until I was happy with the coverage results. I didn’t have to mess with the adjustment for the rest of the project . 8 bottles gave me full coverage with a full base coat and then three touch up coats spayed on every 30 min apart from each other. The longest part of the project was peeping the vehicle. I’m sure glad my brother was there to help me. Total prep time was 5 hours. Spray time took me approx 1.5 hours with 30 min in between coats. Lesson learned , take off all Window rubber molding, don’t try to tape off the line. Use only professional car painting tape. Lastly let the car dry more the 24 hours before you take the tape off. I pulled off some of the liner where the tape line is at. I will have to go back and touch up the areas now. Oh last thing make sure you use a sanding pad to scruff up the paint and wash down the body before you spray. Let dry throughly . Over all I’m very happy with the results. The liner covered up all the hail dents I had as well as the mix matched door that I swapped out and the faded out fenders. Now its time for a little touch up and then the roof rack goes back on and the RTT until summer.
With your pics you titled it as Raptor but here you say Custom Coat. Is Custom Coat just relabeled Raptor Liner? I've used Raptor and love it, the bottles look the same.

Doug

Reactions: Virginiawilderness

HawkH3Alpha

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denton, TX, USA
Member #

With your pics you titled it as Raptor but here you say Custom Coat. Is Custom Coat just relabeled Raptor Liner? I've used Raptor and love it, the bottles look the same.

Doug
I actually used both. Black Raptor on the fenders and grill and custom coat dessert tan on the body. I’ll modify the title . I’m not sure if custom coat is reliables raptor.

Virginiawilderness

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vienna, Virginia
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Nothing too crazy... Rachel and I pulled off the factory roof rack and the after market rack the previous owner had thrown up there. We’ve got a Rocky Mountain Racks Matterhorn roof rack on order (very excited). The OEM roof rails were wrecked... literally coming apart. We’re looking forward to throwing a full sized and more modern roof rack up there!

Consequently, if anyone in the northern Virginia area wants the old rack, it’s in ok shape (little surface rust, some broken plastic hand screws). I’ll post it on Craigslist soon.

Before:

81B06374-3E19-43CC-A80C-0BAD15AF6BBB.jpeg

After:

UltimaSanctus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
B
Last Name
W
Member #

Technically 2 days ago but I forgot to post.

Adjusted the new torsion keys after the bars settled from the lift. Factory ground clearance is listed as 8.75" (at the rear diff which is the same since I still have stock size wheels) now I can't find anywhere else that isn't below 11"

Top of all four wheel wells is right around 39"