Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I'm in Moab all week doing my best to destroy these Tyger step bars by using them as sliders. >:)

The truck made it through Metal Masher and Hell's Revenge without an issue. I obviously bypassed the really nutty parts but took some harder lines too. I'm pretty impressed the step bars haven't folded under pressure. I'm going to have a buddy remove the body mounts and weld it to the frame. So far no real damage. I put a few scratches on the lower part of the front bumper cover and bashed the front recovery rings a bit but that's all if you don't count all the missing bedliner on the bottom of the side steps. :)

Mirror Gulch on Metal Masher. I honestly didn't think I'd get up this after the white Jeep failed. But the longer wheelbase Jeep walked right up it so I gave it a shot. Piece of cake!

Stuffing on ledges, Metal Masher

Hurrah Pass

Hurrah Pass - It looks like I have plenty of clearance but I slid on the step bars quite a bit on this one. :)

Hell's Revenge - Not many pictures here. It was WAY too busy to be fun. :(

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I'm in Moab all week doing my best to destroy these Tyger step bars by using them as sliders. >:)

The truck made it through Metal Masher and Hell's Revenge without an issue. I obviously bypassed the really nutty parts but took some harder lines too. I'm pretty impressed the step bars haven't folded under pressure. I'm going to have a buddy remove the body mounts and weld it to the frame. So far no real damage. I put a few scratches on the lower part of the front bumper cover and bashed the front recovery rings a bit but that's all if you don't count all the missing bedliner on the bottom of the side steps. :)

Mirror Gulch on Metal Masher. I honestly didn't think I'd get up this after the white Jeep failed. But the longer wheelbase Jeep walked right up it so I gave it a shot. Piece of cake!

Hurrah Pass

Hurrah Pass - It looks like I have plenty of clearance but I slid on the step bars quite a bit on this one. :)

Awesome

Reactions: Knitron and JCWages

Mr.Cade

Rank 0

Contributor I

US

Hurrah Pass

This stuff inspires me to get out there.
Utah is beautiful.

Reactions: JCWages

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

This stuff inspires me to get out there.
Utah is beautiful.
It's pretty amazing! I highly recommend Hurrah Pass through to Chicken Corners. The scenery is jaw dropping. Gemini Bridges is very scenic too. I'll put together a trip report and list my favs. Unfortunately I cannot enter the National Parks with my doggo co-pilot so I'll miss out on those areas but judging by the huge lines to get in I'm not disappointed.

Here's one more at Chicken Corners.

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
It's pretty amazing! I highly recommend Hurrah Pass through to Chicken Corners. The scenery is jaw dropping. Gemini Bridges is very scenic too. I'll put together a trip report and list my favs. Unfortunately I cannot enter the National Parks with my doggo co-pilot so I'll miss out on those areas but judging by the huge lines to get in I'm not disappointed.

Here's one more at Chicken Corners.
Chicken Corners is an epic trail. I was there with @A-Aron last fall. Loved it!

Reactions: A-Aron

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Been working on a kitchen remodel.....on the trailer. Much more affordable than the remodel of the kitchen in the house..lol. I'll post some pics when I have pics to post.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I unloaded the truck and washed off some of the dirt,sand and mud. Then inspected her for any damage the resulted from our fun in Moab.

I found some minor scratches on the front bumper cover, tow rings and passenger side bumper step. The cheap Tyger step bars are scratched from end to end on the underside but no major dents and the tubes were not comprimised. The attachment points look straight too. So I feel pretty comfortable in saying you can run these bars off-road assuming you don't plan on really using them. I.e. if you get in over your head and need to use them like true sliders to get through an obstacle they will help you do so. Just make sure you place them as gently on the rocks as possible then proceed to slide. I banged them pretty hard more than a few times this week and no denting but I dented the side tube twice on a previous excursion. They saved me from panel damage though. So for those who don't plan on hard core rock crawling and don't want to pay $600+ for weld-on step sliders these will work. You get what you pay for though. :)

This dent saved me from panel damage last summer.

Just get out on the trail. :)

Last edited: