Launch Member

Member I

Fairbanks, AK
First Name
Zach
Last Name
W
Member #

I hear ya, they tell you that the parts will be to you within three days and two weeks later, maybe!
Yep, I can't even take her to get dirty yet because the extended brake line did not come in with the "kit" as they should have, along with rear trackbar relocation bracket (thanks JKS for an adjustable one), rear lower control arms and sway bar links.

Medic16

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

La Grande, OR, USA
Member #

Installed some interior LED bulbs on my 3rd Gen 4runner. Also got some new key fob remotes. This week will start building the roof top shower system. Slowly buying new suspension parts to add a 2 inch lift down the road.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
This weekend finally got my rtt hoist built. Then got my front runner quick release mounts mounted to my rhino rack pioneer platform. Then mounted the tent for the first time since owning tent.
@Fellow Jeeper would love to hear more about your hoist. Considering something to help remove my JKU's rear hard top.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I found some interesting info on 4wd Action video on the Tube. It may be basic information for some but for others who are new to truck suspension it could be helpful.

The part I found most useful was the section on leaf spring tuning based on loads and how to identify if your truck is over or under sprung. I had a look at my springs with the bed rack, traction boards, shovel and spare tire mounted (approx.. 200lbs) but without the RTT (150lbs) and all of the heavy camping gear. It clearly looks and FEELS over sprung. I recently removed 150lbs of sandbags from the bed and that made a significant difference in ride quality. The harshness is back and the truck wants to buck when going over sharp bumps. The Icons keep things under control but just barely. With the sandbags in place the ride smooths out and feels great. Especially when I run 200lbs worth. Keep in mind on my setup I am using the OEM leaf pack with an Autospring AAL which ups "capacity" by 750lbs and raises the rear 1.5" to 2".

This is with the truck sitting flat on the ground with about 200lbs worth of gear in the bed but no sand bags. I'll post updated photos later with the sandbags in place.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I found some interesting info on 4wd Action video on the Tube. It may be basic information for some but for others who are new to truck suspension it could be helpful.
I have been enjoying their videos lately; looks like they have a good time.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I have been enjoying their videos lately; looks like they have a good time.
I will admit to binge watching over the last few weeks. lol They make my little adventures seem so vanilla. They get into some serious mess and have a crackin' good time about it I reckon. ;)

Reactions: Ubiety

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Used it to pick up this bad boy in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave:
motor.jpg
Old Sears Gamefisher 3hp outboard - the power plant that will carry our Northern BC expedition to the shores of glory and adventure! :D

I also fabbed and fitted the feet for my roof rack. No pics ATM but I hope to test fit the rack this weekend, so I'll provide an update with pics then.

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
Reactions: Guadamuz_j

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

Re located my battery in the truck, cleaned and conditioned the leather in my 3rd vehicle, getting ready to do the same for the wife’s car and then wash and wax once the sun goes over the house and the cars cool down. Lots of busy work. Rest of the week will be filled with packing and paperwork getting ready for a 5 week long work trip.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding