Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Yesterday we took our rig out to Walker Valley ORV and finally got past the Qualifier Gate (after 3 tries). Took a little doing and a ton of back and forth. Wish we had the EAS (Air Suspension) right now, could have gone over that with no hitch. Overall, we might have scraped a few things, but nothing is leaking (I hope) and he made the drive home.received_576965779453174.jpegreceived_665196133895018.jpegreceived_570753336762850.jpegreceived_1942545662538490.jpeg

Reactions: JCWages

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I broke my brand new junk smittybilt compressor. 15 minutes of testing and bang.
Should have purchased the Chinese copy it may have lasted longer. .
View attachment 87754
That's crazy. What were you doing for the handle to break like that? I have the same unit and have used it dozens of times and it works great. I have no tried driving on top of it to level the truck for camping however. :p

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Yesterday we took our rig out to Walker Valley ORV and finally got past the Qualifier Gate (after 3 tries). Took a little doing and a ton of back and forth. Wish we had the EAS (Air Suspension) right now, could have gone over that with no hitch. Overall, we might have scraped a few things, but nothing is leaking (I hope) and he made the drive home.View attachment 87768View attachment 87769View attachment 87770View attachment 87771
(Photo Credit: My brother, Isaac)

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Yesterday we took our rig out to Walker Valley ORV and finally got past the Qualifier Gate (after 3 tries). Took a little doing and a ton of back and forth. Wish we had the EAS (Air Suspension) right now, could have gone over that with no hitch. Overall, we might have scraped a few things, but nothing is leaking (I hope) and he made the drive home.View attachment 87768View attachment 87769View attachment 87770View attachment 87771
I like it when trails have qualifiers/filters at the entrance. :)

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

So this is interesting. I recently posted about one of my Morimoto XB35 HID ballasts going out so I purchased a cheap temp replacement on Amazon to get me by until my warranty replacement arrived. The unit was cheap at $10 shipped and I'm not expecting it to be a high quality unit. For $10 it will serve as a nice backup unit for overlanding trips. I already carry spare bulbs and relays just in case. However, after driving around a bit I notice the headlight with the cheap ballast is noticeably dimmer than the Morimoto side. This may not seem shocking at face value when comparing a $55 ballast to a $10 ballast but if you have been around HID kits long enough you will know that a lot of cheapo Chinesium ballasts offer the same or similar output to more expensive aftermarket and OEM ballasts (Testing results thread at HID Planet). It's the bulbs that make a huge difference in output, color rendition and color matching. Some even claim that Morimoto ballasts are just cheap Chinesium ballasts with a fancy cover. Well that is not quite the case. They perform very well for the money and are MUCH brighter than some of the cheap ballasts on the market. It is plainly obvious in this case and I don't need a LUX meter to quantify the difference. lol

On this morning's commute

This is the Morimoto XB35 2.0 ballast I have on my driver's side

This is the temp replacement ballast on Amazon. To be fair I am fine with its operation as a temp ballast but if I wasn't a cheap mofo I would spring for a higher quality unit (DLT Fast Bright) costing only $15 more.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Got my first CB radio in today. We opted for the Uniden PRO520XL because if the size. Looking forward to being able to use it this coming weekend and later in the month. View attachment 87796
Nice! That's a good solid unit. I have an older version of it. Just make sure you tune your antenna properly using a SWR meter.

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

That's crazy. What were you doing for the handle to break like that? I have the same unit and have used it dozens of times and it works great. I have no tried driving on top of it to level the truck for camping however. :p
I was testing my tire up tire down and filling the tank.
It broke on the third test

Reactions: JCWages