Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Fishcamp update. Storm came in and it was nice. Got down to 32 and i slept fine with no heater. I did a little video and not sure where to put it so I put here for now. This is my first video on my phone so it goes. Ok no video to big I guess. I tried to keep it short for that reason but here's pic.20190203_073310_HDR.jpg 20190203_073257_HDR.jpg

Chingon Granpa

Rank III

Enthusiast III

la mirada ca
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Chavez
Member #

Took my RR (Named Pulaski) out to a fun mud puddle. Had a blast with some family members. He got pretty muddy. [emoji1303]
View attachment 84663
First off, nice rig.Just picked up my first Range Rover 93 county lwb.. 2 days ago.im taking its a love hate relationship. Love how it drives and yes some electrical issues..but not important electrical component..
Happy wheeling.20190202_110441.jpeg

Reactions: Patrick

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

My fiance dreads driving in snow so now that we have enough on the ground to play with I took her out to a nearby trail to learn some basics.

The lighting was amazing. We had warm diffused sunlight hitting a small spot on the highway so I had to try and snap a shot.

Once at the trailhead I proceeded to get stuck in 2wd. I gave her the wheel and showed her how to listen for wheelspin so she doesn't dig a deep hole. Then to use the forward/reverse rocking method to use momentum to break free. She actually started to get unstuck but her mountain bike shred mentality kicked in and she kept spinning the tires and flingling dirty snow everywhere and smiling way too much. So to continue the teaching moment and NOT pull back onto the main road Dukes of Hazzard style I made her stop and put it in 4-Hi. She then pulled through easily and completed the uturn. She's like "ohh, that was easy. I thought we were in 4wd the whole time we were stuck." I love this woman. :)

We then hit the trail which was covered in 6" - 1' of icy snow. The narrowness of the trail combined with downslopes and a few off camber turns made for good learning experiences but I won't lie, the rear end wiggled around towards the canyon more than I prefered. Amazing how different snow can feel from day to day.

Once we got to the bottom of the canyon I took over so she could relax. We parked so Ellie could play in the snow and I took a few pictures before it got too dark and then we headed home. She did great! I also noticed that while climbing back up the other side of the canyon she was noticeably more relaxed than she would normally be with me driving on a snow-covered trail with a steep dropoff on the passenger side. :)

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

First off, nice rig.Just picked up my first Range Rover 93 county lwb.. 2 days ago.im taking its a love hate relationship. Love how it drives and yes some electrical issues..but not important electrical component..
Happy wheeling.View attachment 84736
Thank you! Yes. It can be a love hate relationship. Ours is often love. But hate always snicks in!

Happy wheeling!!

Best Regards,
Gabriel Bozeman

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman