Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I used the truck to help shuttle 22 women around the mountain (plus 2 vans) for a mountain bike retreat. I ended up removing the bed rack and RTT on the second day because the 4-bike rack was so floppy I was worried it would damage my hitch on the rutted out fire road climb. I definitely need to install a hoist in my garage for this thing. I found that with the shorter bed (5.2") vs. the long bed (6.2") I can't swing bikes over the tailgate and under the rack as easily as I did with the old truck so now with the rack in place I can only comfortably get 3 bikes over the tailgate. With the RTT on it's even harder so maybe 2 bikes at most. Grrr The only way to get more bikes to fit is to lower the tailgate halfway and put bikes in which is a major pain. Needless to say I won't be running around with the RTT mounted very much and outside of camping season the bed rack will come off too.

4 regular bikes, an e-bike, rack, RTT and traction boards = approx. 470lbs and a very floppy bike rack. *The missing 5th bike was on its way back to the truck when the photo was taken.

I would much rather shuttle like this.

gabe

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

miami
Member #

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Hello,
Well now, after the new gears, 4.88, today put on 4 new 31 x 10.5 x 15 BFG KM3s! On the drive home and climbing the hills, the gearing feels just right for my Jeep Cherokee. My turbo diesel motor is in the right power band or rpms now. Nice to have this part of my build finished! Only took Two different sets of gears and tires, along with a wheelbarrow full of money, but the Red Baron is flying high again! Benz.
EF6F4B74-126E-441F-8699-9C6C18C26FD4.jpeg BC1D3673-D21E-4D8C-A113-13918DCF761B.jpeg

George Elsaesser

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Paso, TX
First Name
George
Last Name
Elsaesser
Member #

Today I used ROK straps to mount Maxtrax to the spare tire, added a microphone mount for my CB and a radio mount for my BCA BC Link two way radio.
IMG_3319.JPGIMG_3310.JPGIMG_3312.JPGIMG_3313.JPGIMG_3316.JPGIMG_3317.JPG

Reactions: Homeguy

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #