What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Yea! I can finally post something to this thread!
Today I finished removing the Xreas system and Sport Steps from my 06 4Runner! getting ready to install the Sliders!
Hoping to put the finishing touches on the Drawer system in the coming weekends.
With a little help from my Dad we got my RCI Step Sliders installed today.
20180903_125058-01.jpeg

Also rolled 82k on the drive home:
20180903_173224.jpg

Productive Labor Day Weekend!
Boort

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
I wish I could but I’m working Saturday’s again this September and October so I won’t be back out till December unless it’s to go out on the trail then I may cough cough LOL. Want to make up something for my Yukon
Give Alex at American Overland Expedition in Laguna Hills a call....they fab some really nice stuff at very reasonable prices. I told them what I wanted and they did better than I expected.

Reactions: David S

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

IMG_20180904_003649797.jpg
About to start the same project. Keep us updated on how it turns out!
Even with only one coat on the front dry, it looks way better than the original silverish finish. I didn't go crazy with the buffing or sanding, because this is a very old vehicle that's going to spend a lot of time off road, but if I really took the time, dismounted the tire and had a few sanding tools, I could probably make the wheels look amazing. Quite impressed with this paint, actually. I plan to do 3 coats front and back total on each wheel, which I think should lend quite a bit of protection and corrosion resistance. I'll post again when the first wheel is completely done.

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ